2020 Volvo Environment Prize
Since the first award in 1990 the Volvo Environment Prize has become one of the scientific world’s most respected environmental prizes.
Laureates represent all fields of environmental and sustainability studies and initiatives.
The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded by an independent foundation. A Scientific Committee does the initial screening and evaluation of candidates. The International Prize Jury, a group of internationally renowned scientists, makes the final selection of prize laureate.
The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded annually. The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 140,000 or USD 150,000). The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year.
Nominations for the award 2021 are accepted. To be considered, nominations must be submitted by January 10th, 2021. Simply use this web form, and submit. Please read the Nomination Guidelines first. Nomination Link
Nominations for the award in 2021 must be submitted before January 10, 2021.
The span of disciplines and activities for which nominations can be made is wide and includes all disciplines which have relevance to the environment. The research of nominees should be based on scientific grounds but must clearly show impacts outside of the specific discipline.
Nominations must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at www.environment-prize.com. When not feasible, please contact the secretariat email@example.com
- When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize.
- A nomination remains valid for three years.
- Please note that self-nominations are not accepted.
A Scientific Committee reviews the nominations and presents a report to the international Prize Jury. The Jury recommends one or several winners to the Board of the Volvo Environment Prize Foundation, which then makes the formal decision. The decision is made public in October and the prize is awarded in November each year at a ceremony held in Stockholm, Sweden.
Nomination form pdf
Download the nomination form: Nomination form 2021 (PDF File)
If you prefer you may send the nomination by e-mail to:
If you prefer you may send the nomination by post to:
The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation
c/o Christina Leijonhufvud
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
SE-104 05 Stockholm, Sweden
You can Read More on the Prize Website http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/the-prize/