Getty Images Reportage Grant: COVID-19 Impact
For us, photography is more than our business – it’s our passion. And we believe we have a responsibility to the talented artists who push our industry forward. Our goal is to enable photographers, filmmakers and content creators to bring attention to significant social and cultural issues, as well as to take new and inspiring strides in creative work. Grant recipients are selected by a diverse and distinguished panel of independent judges renowned in the field of photography and communications. Many have directed and edited photography for some of the most celebrated publications in the world, are artistic leaders at award-winning creative agencies or are celebrated photographers themselves.
Prizes and benefits
- Eight grants of $5000 each
- Option to have Getty Images’ editorial guidance throughout your project
- Assurance that you retain copyrights to the images you submit for judges’ review
- Grantwinner announcement is widely publicized by Getty Images and media partners
Grants will be awarded by independent judges selected by Getty Images for their expertise and experience. Selection will be based on the judges’ determination of applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project with compelling a visual narrative in a documentary feature format, taking into account the caliber of portfolio, the project’s merit and professional ability.
- Summary of the project proposal (Min 300 words, Max 500)
- A short biography detailing who you are and what you’ve done
- 20-25 original images either related to the proposal or unrelated portfolio images
- The proposals must be in English and be submitted electronically
APRIL 23 – MAY 15