Googles’s Inside Look Program for Computer Science Students
The Inside Look program brings together computer science students from all over Europe, the Middle East and Africa, to connect virtually over their passion for technology and a desire to learn more about life in a tech role at Google.
We’re excited to invite students graduating later than August 2021, studying computer science or a related subject, to apply for Inside Look. The program has two elements: Inside Look Goes Digital on 27th and 28th August which is a two-day immersive virtual program, held on Google Meet, for top applicants, and Inside Look: YouTube Live! on 21 September for all applicants.
Selected attendees will be invited to join Inside Look Goes Digital; an immersive two-day virtual program, including tech talks, panels, technical interview practice, fun social activities, and — in true Google fashion — the chance to get your hands on some Google freebies, delivered directly to you at home!
While we are unable to host every applicant at Inside Look, we’ll also be holding Inside Look: YouTube Live on 21st September, where all applicants will be invited to hear from Google engineers on how they build products at scale, plus top tips and advice from our hiring team.
The Inside Look program is committed to supporting diversity at Google and the tech industry as a whole. Students who are members of any group that has been historically underrepresented in the tech industry are encouraged to apply!
We’ll be hosting this year’s Inside Look program virtually, over Google Meet. In order to apply, you must:
- Be currently studying Computer Science or a related subject at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
- Plan to continue your studies after August 2021, making you eligible for technical internships at Google.
Applications close on 1 June 2020 at 11:59 p.m. BST. Applicants will be notified of results by 22 June.
- Applicants must be a current student pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
- Applicants must have an expected graduation date after August 2021, including applicants graduating in 2020 from one degree program, but planning to continue with further education the following year.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply.
- Persons who are (i) citizens, nationals, or permanent residents of embargoed territories, (ii) ordinarily resident in embargoed territories, or (iii) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for this program.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of 24th August 2020.
How to enter
To enter, applicants are required to complete the online application form and provide any supplementary information and/or documentation as may be requested by Google from time to time.
The application process will open on 4th May 2020 10am BST and will close on 1st June 2020 11.59pm BST. Entry deadlines may be extended at Google’s sole discretion.
- Each application will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria: (i) demonstration of passion for computer science; (ii) academic merit; (iii) demonstration of programming skills (the “Criteria”).
- Each eligible application (determined in accordance with Section 1 (Eligibility) above) will be reviewed by Google in accordance with the Criteria by an internal panel of Google team members. The strongest 30-35 applications (as assessed and determined against the Criteria by the panel of Google team members in their sole discretion) will be accepted.
- Notification of successful applicants is expected to take place on or around 18th June 2020 and will be delivered to the email address provided at the time of application. Notification is subject to verification of eligibility.
- Successful applicants will be required to accept the invitation to participate in the Inside Look EMEA program within 7 days of notification by Google. If successful applicants fail to accept within 7 days, their participation in the program will be forfeited and Google may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative successful applicant, in accordance with the Criteria.
- Applicants understand that they may be contacted by Google in relation to internships, full-time job opportunities and other university programs should they opt-in to receive such communications.
- Successful applicants agree that Google may use their name and/or refer to their university in Google’s promotional materials relating to future Inside Look programs.
Not an offer or contract of employment
- Under no circumstances shall the submission of an Inside Look application or the participation in the program be construed as an offer or contract of employment with Google.
- Applicants acknowledge that they submit their application voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Applicants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between applicant and Google and that no such relationship is established by applicants’ acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Running of the Program
- The 30-35 strongest applications, as assessed in accordance with the Criteria above at Google’s sole discretion, shall be selected to attend the Inside Look program.
- Inside Look will take place virtually on 27th and 28th of August 2020. The program consists of presentations, workshops, group projects and networking/social events, and will be hosted on Google’s virtual platforms.
Find More Details on Googles Website on https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/programs/inside-look/