Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
This activity seeks to review the current NERI/NLCB Women Peace and Security Community Engagement (WPCE) Training Guide with the aim of producing a more robust, comprehensive and localized document that addresses the peculiar needs of women and girls in the region, and can be adopted and institutionalized for training purposes across the region. The STTA Reviewer Assistant will be responsible for managing the distribution of hard and or soft copies of the WPCE, reports, documents and other correspondences to the STTAs and independent reviewers, organizing and manage online meetings and communications as part of the review of the WPCE Training Guide. It is important to note that this position is in Maiduguri and a working station or office will be provided at Borno State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development (MOWASD) Maiduguri during the contract. The candidate is expected to have a functional laptop to be used as a major tool for this role.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The STTA Reviewer Assistant will report to the Program Manager through the Community Development Facilitators (CDFs). The STTA Reviewer Assistant is expected to produce a precise final report written in simple and clear English language. The STTA is required to provide evidence for days worked as payment will only be for actual number of days worked within the stipulated number provided in the contract.
- Together with the rest of the team – STTA Guide Developer (Lead), STTA Gender Specialist, STTA Independent Reviewers, STTA Graphics Designer and STTA Guide Developer Assistants conduct planning meetings with NLCB Team, on the modalities, timelines and implementation plan of the activity.
- Distribute hard and or soft copies of the various drafts and stages of the WPCE, reports, documents and other correspondences.
- Work closely with the STTA Guide Developer to organize and coordinate two online Workshops for the review of the NLCB Women Peace and Security Community Engagement Guide (WPCE).
- Send meeting/workshop invitations/links using the team’s preferred virtual meeting platforms.
- Provide any technical support team members may require in participating in online meetings/workshops.
- Work closely with STTA Independent Reviewers to collect and document their recommendations, resources, high-level information and direction in the review of the WPCE and pass on the same to the team.
- Document the recommendations and outcome of the workshops, prepare a report and share with the team.
- Debrief the CDF on daily progress and recommendations.
- Monitor and utilize resources effectively.
- Support the M&E team for all the activities during AMR development and review of Final Evaluation Reports.
- Prepare a comprehensive final report on the activity. The draft report shall be shared with NLCB field staff for comments and inputs for inclusion in the final report.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in English, Secretarial Studies, Management, Administration or related field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in secretarial, management or administrative roles.
- Preferably based in Maiduguri during the period of this activity.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with the use of virtual meeting tools and software.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge and understanding of local languages spoken in the project area and context will be an added advantage.
- Experience in working in the North-East especially Northern Borno and Yobe.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Ability to communicate in Hausa, Kanuri and or Shuwa desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision
Qualified applicants MUST submit the following documents to email@example.com by May 22nd, 2020:
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.