Job Purpose / Objectives
- The Accounts and Admin Officer will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties categorized by either accounting or administrative support including posting the daily receipts, preparing deposits, entering, verifying and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements.
- Administrative responsibilities include file management, correspondence drafting and ensuring supplies to the office are managed and maintained. Administrative duties also include developing and maintaining administrative systems and performing clerical duties.
- Calculates, prepares and issues documents related to accounting such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements.
- Posting and recognition of all transactions into NAV
- Submission of monthly reports to in line with agreed reporting calendar
- Enters, verifies and reconciles transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements.
- Manages payroll and remittance to all statutory bodies.
- Compiles budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets; Supports budget management with GM.
- Prepares period or cost statements or reports for General Manager.
- Calculates costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists.
- Stays current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends.
- Handles all accounts payable and receivable responsibilities.
- Handles general account queries and transactions.
- Contact clients on payment status.
- Respond to queries or clarification requests.
- Ensures good house-keeping and janitorial work within the farm and the offices
- Ensures compliance with cleaning schedules; Monitors the activities of cleaning staffs
- Manage office supplies stock and place orders
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets
- Maintain and update company databases
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents
- Answer queries by employees and clients
- Update office policies as needed
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages)
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Schedule in-house and external events
- Ensures that all necessary working tools are available
- Ensures an up to date inventory of all spare keys
- Ensures regular preventive maintenance and repairs of machines within the office facility.
- Manage subscription payments for the office.
- BSc./HND in Accounting plus ICAN professional level.
- At least two years’ experience in a related role
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable
- Knowledge of basic Business Administration
- Effective writing skills
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
Knowledge and Skills:
- Invoice Processing
- Good use of Accounting Tools e.g Microsoft Dynamics – NAV
- Good Knowledge of Ms Office Suites
- Tracking of Expense
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Workplace and Facilities management
- Knowledge of Safety Standards and Procedures
- Knowledge of Good Housekeeping
- People Management
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Analytical Skills
- Report writing