Administrative Supervisor: State Lead
Technical Supervisor: Head of Finance and Operations
- To support the Institute’s drive to detect and treat tuberculosis in the country, IHVN is looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks for the implementation of USAID Nigeria TB LON grant; which include providing support to program implementation team and other employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing the institute’s general administrative activities.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Finance and Operations, S/he will provide administrative and logistical support services to the program implementation team and operations of the general office management of USAID Nigeria TB LON Grant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the implementation of USAID Nigeria TB LON
- Assist with effective management of day to day operations of the office
- Support coordinating internal and external meetings, trainings, venues, logistics, provision of materials and refreshments particularly during multiple meetings.
- Work with team for logistical support to staff/visitors including liaising with program management unit on team itineraries, appointments according to schedules developed by department members
- Assist in documentation and archiving of program documents.
- Arrange travel logistics for staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups
- Coordinate staff meetings, set up conference rooms and meeting room, ordering and setting up audio-visual equipment and agendas, take minutes of meetings and write reports as requested, file records of all meetings.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulate same amongst the staff and meeting attendees
- Assist with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Collate and file quarterly, monthly and weekly reports
- Collate and harmonize quarterly and monthly work plans
- Make travel arrangements as requested by program staff and facilitate retirement of trips by staff
- Tracking of USAID Nigeria TB LON work plans and activities
- Conduct weekly and monthly supervision of office motor vehicles as well as the drivers with daily vehicle check list
- Coordinate, monitor and supervise security staffs
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Possession of a B.Sc in Business Administration or any of the Social Sciences or Higher National Diploma in Business administration.
- Membership or part certification in recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification hands-on experience in an International NGO or Grants operational environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant
- Applicants should be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc.)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers, photocopier, computers etc
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication;
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: email@example.com
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.