Job ID: 48462
Job Sector: Banking
- Ensure that customers consistently receive a high quality service by efficiently managing, developing and using all available resources (i.e. staff, systems and processes) and ensuring that a strong, customer-focused service culture becomes entrenched in the service centre.
- To ensure that customers are migrated to more appropriate and cost-effective channels, that cross-selling opportunities are identified and actioned, based on customer needs.
- Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the centres and reduce the overall exposure by maintaining an effective system of controls.
- Ensure the effective rollout of change management initiatives to the service centres. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Set and ensure that service standards are maintained, in line with differentiated requirements of the market segments.
- Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channels.
- Ensure that the centres strive for continuous service improvement.
Management of Credit and Operational Risk:
- Identify the major risks affecting the centres and ensure that the necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and manage these risks.
- Recommend revision of internal controls to provincial operations where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
- Manage assets, eg cash and cost accountabilities, with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
- Manage and ensure overall operational readiness/efficiency of the centres’ infrastructure (including premises, ATMs, systems), physical security, opening/closing procedures and operational issues such as fraud, losses and differences.
- Ensure irregularities highlighted in routine control reports are attended to.
- Co-ordinate the checking of centre tellers/treasury/blank forms.
- Complete monthly centre housekeeping checklist.
- Report premises/equipment issues to regional operations.
- Ensure that an effective control structure is maintained, with control activities defined at every level and duties appropriately segregated.
- Ensure that levels of authority and limits of access to information/systems are adhered to.
- Ensure that all routine controls relating to new business are effectively applied.
- Ensure compliance with OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) requirements
Management of Service Improvement:
- Manage the customer problem resolution process and ensure the accurate logging of information.
- Set and monitor turn-around times for resolving customer queries and complaints.
- Ensure that problem root causes are resolved by facilitating corrective action and regular liaison with support entities (including issues relating to ATM and Auto E terminals).
- Ensure that service measurement is maintained and action adverse trends.
- Implement service recovery to facilitate customer retention.
- Ensure that customers provide/have provided documentation as required in terms of FICA/KYC legislation
Management of responsive sales and relationship management:
- Develop sales and relationship management plans to achieve responsive sales targets for the centers.
- Manage the sales and relationship management tracking system and provide feedback and coaching to the team.
- Identify different local market segments prevalent in geographical area and keep up to date with changes/developments.
- Drive the lead referral system.
- Coach the responsive relationship management team on product knowledge, cross-selling opportunities and assist subordinates in generating meaningful and value-added solutions for customers resulting in maximum business development.
- Ensure the territory where the branch is situated has adequate feel of the bank and its products
Increased cross-selling ratios:
- Effective migration of customers/transactions to more appropriate channels.
- Requisite stationery and cash supplies held.
- Effective, customer-orientated telephone management.
- Retention of satisfied, well-informed customers as measured by Customer Evaluation of Bank Service (CEBS) ratings.
- Staff effectiveness and motivation Postive findings of Inspection Compliance reports
- Convene regular customer discussion forums and action the results
- Maintain awareness of serious customer complaints and attend to resolution.
- Ensure that opportunities for migration of customers to more appropriate/cost-effective channels and migratable teller/enquiry transactions are identified and actioned.
- Ensure efficient, customer-orientated telephone procedures.
- Discuss staffing requirements as predicted by Branch Scheduling Tool (BST) with Provincial Productivity
- Ensure BST schedule adherence for all reporting Service Centres
- Delegate authority and responsibility in line with business objectives and service standards to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all subordinates.
- Monitor and manage the performance and development of subordinates to ensure sustained profitability, compliance with the Code of Banking Practice, internal controls and overall well-being of staff.
- Prepare a flexible staffing plan to meet service/sales demands in the centres, taking into account local conditions, resourcing options and costs.
- Overall staff complement to be in line with productivity measurements. – Branch Scheduling Tool
- Visibly assist the centres in achieving targets and standards of performance by providing consistent encouragement and guidance.
- Ensure that equity requirements are met and transformation initiatives supported.
- Identify strengths and development areas and ensure tat subordinates receive the required coaching/training
- Turn-around times for processing and one-on-one customer interaction in terms of segment standards, efficient service.
- Control operational losses and minimise risk compliance with laid-down instructions and effective management of credit risk, physical security etc.
- Costs contained within budget.
- Availability of ATMs and within target, site cleanliness requirements met, minimal vandalism.
Preferred Qualification and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in any related field
- Minimum 2 years Banking Operatons experience
- Minimum 6-8 years Retail Banking, Business Development experience
- At least one professional qualificiation, e.g CIBN, ICAN
- Basic Financial Analysis – Ability to interpret income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and financial ratios.
- Business acumen – Ability to spot opportunities and optimize revenue generation for the business
- A thorough knowledge of standardised business banking transactional products and other core products relevant to small business enterprises.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of behavioural credit scoring principles and practices, including an understanding of all SME product programs