The Business Development Manager will lead sales and client-relationship management, tracks new markets and emerging trends, recommends new products and services, proposes and develops new strategic partnerships, writes proposals and plans, and guides long-term objectives to meet business needs and requirements.
As a business development manager, you’ll be concerned with improving and growing the business by fostering and developing relationships with customers, and other partners. You will work to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or to enhance the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele, drive sales and increase profitability.
You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
· Identify and cultivate lease financing and loan lending opportunities within the corporate and retail sectors and specifically your assigned sub-sector.
· Establish/originate, evaluate/develop, qualify and maintain lease financing and loan lending opportunities and offer lease financing and loan lending to customers.
· Ensure a Balanced Scorecard perspective of metrics and ratios of financial, customer, internal process, lease terms and payments.
· Adhere to organizational procedures and policies for all lease processing.
· Develop and apply full knowledge of application information required, screening processes and policies regarding leases.
· Ensure efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms, reports and related information.
· Ensure the creation, development and maintenance of a comprehensive database of external contacts and clients.
· Knowledge of current market conditions; competitor and market analyses, monitoring and reporting.
· Coordinate customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual lease that is originated from application to closing including, but not limited to: counselling and pre-qualifying potential lessees, taking complete and accurate application; obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and equity contributions and lock-in information; overseeing the lease process by monitoring lease status and ensuring conformity with terms; assisting in collecting additional documents and promptly communicate lease status to parties.
· Maintain a blotter or schedule of all disbursements, pendings, maturities and defaults.
· Maintain a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
· Submit a weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and periodic summary of achievements, closures, meetings/presentations to the Manager.
A MASTERS WILL BE AN ADDED ADVANTAGE
GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF THE LEASING INDUSTRY
MINIMUM OF 10 YEARS WORKING EXPERIENCE
Skills and Knowledge
· the ability to sell products and services
· knowledge of English language
· the ability to use your initiative
· leadership skills
· customer service skills
· business management skills
· ambition and a desire to succeed
· to be able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
· tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
· excellent telephone manners for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associate
· excellent written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
· good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
· a professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
· initiative and good decision-making skills
· project management skills
· the ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
· great organisational skills
· good networking skills
· the ability to think strategically
· the ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
· initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
· the ability to speak a foreign language may be an asset if you’re dealing with overseas clients.
· A valid driving license is a requirement.
· researching organisations to find new customers and identify who makes the decisions
· ‘cold calling’ to arrange meetings at customers’ premises
· finding out what an organisation needs and working with a team to plan proposals and pricing
· selling products and services to new and existing customers
· negotiating with customers and building positive relationships
· attending events and conferences
· writing reports and making presentations to customers and senior management
· identifying new methods and opportunities for sales campaigns
· forecasting sales targets and making sure they’re met
· delivering training to business developers and junior sales teams
· identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
· seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
· generate leads and cold call prospective customers
· meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
· understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
· think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
· work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
· draw up client contracts – depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
· have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
· ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
· train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
· discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
· liaise with the finance team, warehousing and logistics departments as appropriate
· seek ways of improving the way the business operates
· attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
· keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
· help to plan sales campaigns
· create a sales pipeline
· negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
· carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to Senior Management.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria!