The Business Intelligence Team Lead will be responsible for providing support for sales growth and marketing strategies as well as customer retention, by using strategic methods and concise data mining. They will work on highly sophisticated projects that are large and wide in scope and that play a significant role in company performance using advanced analytical skills and abilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze and interpret data to provide metrics and understand requirements to build and implement successful company initiatives;
- Research market and industry trends and patterns;
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends;
- Solve business problems using statistical techniques and advanced programming languages;
- Execute data extraction and manipulate client and/or household information from client information systems or other data sources;
- Utilize statistical modeling solutions to forecast potential new client acquisition, defection, retention programs, and cross-selling opportunities;
- Use CRM or other Marketing Automation Tools to assist with the development and implementation of targeted sales leads, cross-selling, and client relationship retention, and client acquisition, utilizing predictive modeling techniques;
- Support CRM (Customer Relationship Management) strategies by using methodologies/systems such as client profiling, behavior analysis, and segmentation, to strategy development and impact assessment and performance;
- Create and produce ongoing monthly reports and metrics in company areas such as client acquisition, client retention, client defection, product penetration, cross-sell rates, balance retention and segmentation metrics;
- Produce dashboards and reports using the Master Customer Information File (MCIF) system;
- Assist sales team in sales promotion tracking, development, and end of the promotion marketing returns on investment calculation and analysis;
- Compares Return on Investment (ROI) with past numbers;
- Develop standardized internal controls to ensure continued data quality for visibility of metrics for analysis;
- Maintain awareness, staying ahead of the game, in the innovation of current developments for new data mining techniques, programming, and marketing automation;
- Provides support and guidance to junior analysts in report creation;
- Recommend changes and improvements based on research findings to improve clients’ business models, goals and milestone expectations;
- Use web analytics platforms and reporting tools such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics to provide timely integrated reports/dashboards to internal customers to drive tactical programs and inform the optimization of paid search (PPC) and Social Advertising campaigns;
- Inform the strategic development of digital campaigns by understanding relevant market data and competitive insights, as well as an understanding of prospects/audience intelligence;
- Works with all business units to improve intelligence reporting and analysis.
Bsc/HND/BA in Marketing, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, or equivalent education
- 4 – 5+ years of experience in Marketing Strategy Development, Data Mining, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Marketing Research and/or Project Management
- Proven experience working with both collection requirements management (CRM) and collection operations management (COM)
- Expert experience in campaign tracking for URLs using Adobe Tag Manager, accessing tagging needs and tracking code, and troubleshooting reports for Adobe Analytics (SiteCatalyst)
- Professional background in global organizations working with international clients would be an added advantage
- Experience working with large datasets using data analysis tools such as Excel (pivot tables, VB scripting), Access, Business Objects, Tableau, or SQL
- Proven experience using Structured English Query Language (SQL), and working knowledge of database environments such as UNIX, Oracle or DB2
- Proven ability to set up and configure Google Analytics profiles
- Proven knowledge and experience working with web-based metrics reporting tools and dashboards with digital analytics such as reporting via APIs, use of Trakkboard, SumAll, Ducksboard
- Ability to work with social analytic tools such as HootSuite, Adobe Social, Radian6, Sprinklr, and SproutSocial
- Working knowledge of how to use A/B OR MVT landing page testing to optimize advertising, campaigns, and lead generation
- Excellent analytical and forecasting ability
- Presenting and communicating skills
- Working with people
- Learning and researching
- Creating and innovating skills
- Copywriting skills
- Reporting skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Ability to apply expertise and technology
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to cope with fast-paced and pressured work
- Aptitude to train clients on how to use and understand a variety of analytics tools
- Millennial- A confident, ambitious and youthful individual, aged between 25 and 33 years old.
- World View- Well exposed, well-traveled, reads books and has an opinion on a wide variety of subjects.
- Creative- An innately creative thinker that blends strategy with implementation
- Passion- An energetic individual, who displays a sufficient amount of passion and verve for life.
- Location- For good work-life balance, lives within close proximity of our office in Oniru, Victoria Island.