Job ID: 13-11053
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director HIS
Number of consultant(s): M/E or HIS Expert (1)
Estimated level of effort: 20 working days
- The overarching aim of the GF Resilient & Sustainable Systems for Health [RSSH] project is to improve the health and well-being of the Nigerian people by identifying and addressing systemic issues affecting the optimal delivery of health services in Nigeria. The Global Fund RSSH framework is in line with the World Health Organisations health system building blocks.
- The RSSH grant is providing an opportunity for the strengthening of the Nigerian health system across the HIV, TB, and malaria and other health interventions. The critical areas of focus in the current RSSH grant are Health Management Information System (HMIS), Procurement and Supply Chain Management PSM) and Laboratory system strengthening. It also supports the innovative ‘State approach’ currently piloted in the three states of Oyo, Kaduna & Imo. The state approach covers elements like public financial management, support for health insurance and health sector coordination, among others.
- FMOH is interested in ensuring that Laboratory information is incorporated in the national instance (DHIS 2) towards ensuring that information on laboratory activities are available on the national portal.
- In line with specific intervention targeted at strengthening the Health Management Information system, the project team is proposing short term technical assistance to support the development of a national Laboratory Information System.
- The key objective for the short-term technical assistance is to facilitate the development of a national Laboratory Information System tools.
- Desk review of various existing information system for other program areas, e.g. HIV, Malaria, TB, etc
- Liaise with relevant staff of FMoH and other stakeholders to identify information need for the Laboratory information system in line with the National NHMIS protocol/strategy
- Develop a draft Laboratory data collection tools based on stakeholder consultations
- Facilitate a 2-day consultative workshop with stakeholders to review, finalize and validate tools and the lab indicators
- Develop a draft paper-based lab information system (i.e. the indicators, data collection process and the reporting tools; the draft SOP for the lab LMIS) on areas of national needs based on stakeholder consultations
- Finalize the draft paper-based Lab information system, i.e. the data collection and the reporting tools; the draft SOP for the lab LMIS
- Submit a final paper- based Lab information system, i.e. the lab indicators to be tracked, the data collection and the reporting tools; the draft SOP for the paper-based lab LMIS.
- Finalized paper-based Lab information system, i.e. the laboratory indicators, the data collection and the reporting tools; the draft SOP for the paper-based lab LMIS
- A comprehensive report of the workshops
- A Comprehensive activity report.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The HIS Consultant will be a graduate with at least 4 years of reviewing and developing HMIS documents with evidence of work done in Nigeria
- Must have a minimum of Master’s degree in Sciences, MPH, Epidemiology or relevant field.
- S/he must be familiar with laboratory systems
- S/he must have either participated in the development of a similar HIS document for Federal Ministry of Health or its Agencies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences For Health – MSH on jobs-msh.icims.com to apply