Where you fit in:
We are committed to change the world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into people’s lives, everywhere through agriculture and technology. We are passionate about our mission and excited to grow our company with people who want to do the same – and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and company. If this is you, we encourage you to swim into our candidate pool!
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven DevOps Engineer who will work with our team of brilliant minds to achieve organizational goals. The DevOps Engineer must be able to collaborate with software developers, system operators, and other IT staff members to manage code releases. He or She must have the ability to merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and also keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test.
- Effective communicator and collaborator and manages & maintain the company existing cloud infrastructures
- Works closely with the technical leads & a project manager to suggest best infrastructural needs during the project initiation phase
- Partake in the development of all company business applications, work with other developers, creative team, designers and research team
- Monitor, scale & preemptively ensure zero downtime on all cloud services.
- Follow best and standard practices and study technical documentation for infrastructural decision making
- Write automation tests for software and application deployments in our Cloud environment.
- Create sandbox environments for code testing & management and be aptly updated on the latest industry trends in cloud technology
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology, engineering or related field.
- 2 to 5 years+ experience as a DevOps engineer
- Active in the Nigeria technology ecosystem, have good, well established and relevant industry relationships
- Understands OS concepts (Virtualization, File System, Process, Sockets, Memory Management)
- Networking & Security (OSI Model, HTTP, FTP, SSL, Domain Configuration)
- Experience setting up Caching server, Load Balancer, Firewalls, Apache/Nginx server, Reverse/Forward proxy
- Sound knowledge of any CI/CD tools: Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, and knowledge of containerization: Docker
- Hands-on Knowledge of AWS and any other Cloud infrastructure: Azure, Heroku, Digital Ocean
- Knowledge of Server & Serverless infrastructure, any infrastructure monitoring tool, logs management & application monitoring.
- Experience with GIT, Jira and Agile methodology, Ansible, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Must be a high performer with a drive for excellence and growth
- Must be an optimist disruptive thinker with a sight for possibilities irrespective of the situation.
- An outside-the-box thinker with a start-up attitude.
- Must be committed to continuous learning and showing mutual respect to all levels of staff.
- A bold and strategic leader who can work in a diverse team
- Must be an optimist disruptive thinker with a sight for possibilities irrespective of the situation
- Must be very strong at execution and executing within timelines.
- Health Insurance
- Learning & Growth Opportunities
- Flexible time and days of work
- Subsidized lunch
- Opportunity to work with bright minds and even more