Ref. No: DDG-R4D/DIL/NFC/MS/02/20
Loaction: Ibadan, Oyo
- Lead, plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to dietary intake for the survey including pre-survey and main survey fieldwork.
- Lead and/or contribute to activities for the development of detailed pre-survey field protocols (i.e. standard operating procedures for the development of standard recipes, collection of conversion factors and pre-testing of portion size estimation methods).
- Lead pre-survey training workshops with field workers (i.e., training field workers to facilitate group discussions, and on methods for the collection of standard recipes, market surveys and pre-testing PSEM).
- Lead and/contribute to data collection and analyses to generate databases to be uploaded into the INDDEX24 application.
- Lead in the development of a data analysis plan for the dietary component of the survey, data-cleaning and drafting of dietary reports.
- Lead training workshops with all field staff (i.e., field coordinators, supervisors and enumerators).
- Oversee coordination of field operations, provide support in the management of the component.
- Work closely with all stakeholders of the NFCMS, particularly with the dietary technical advisors (such as Intake – Center for Dietary Assessment/FHI Solutions and International Dietary Data Expansion Project (INDDEX)).
- Report to the overall survey coordinator.
- Supervise project staff on dietary intake.
- Perform any duties assigned by the supervisor (Overall Survey Coordinator).
- The candidate should have a finalised PhD in Nutrition, Food Science / Technology, Public Health or related fields.
- At least five years of field-based work in large scale dietary surveys preferably in Nigeria or in low- and middle-income countries.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across activities while utilizing strong communications and interpersonal skills, with evidence of the ability to productively interact with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage complex teams, including problem solving skills, and capacity to meet deadlines and deliver quality deliverables to meet objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills (proficiency in English).
- Knowledge of Nigerian foods desirable.
- 10 years of significant related international experience to successfully achieve meaningful and sustainable results.
- Previous working experience in an international organization and/or in a complex or multi-faceted environment.
- Competence in quantitative analysis, with the ability to present patterns in data with both statistical rigor and simplicity to non-specialist audiences.
- Ability to translate technical material into practical tools and guidance materials.
- Visual creativity, including design of slides and diagrams and excellent presentation skills.
- Reliable, timely, delivery-oriented working style
- Capacity to foster effective, trusting, collaborative relationships, within the coordinating office, but also with external stakeholders
- Fast learner with curiosity and appetite to take on challenging tasks personally
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on specific tasks
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2020.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.