Immediate Supervisor: State Lead
Technical Supervisor: Director Of Finance And Operations
- For the implementation of USAID Nigeria TB LON grant, we require the services of DRIVERS who will be domiciled at the implementing states.
- The Drivers will provide secure and timely driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
Duties And Responsibilities
She / He will:
- Provide reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials: Drives office vehicles for the transport of IHVN staffs, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Conduct maintenance of all assigned vehicles: Ensuring that vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
- Document all vehicle-related information: Ensuring the availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle log books, fuel voucher booklet, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
- S/He will be expected to travel extensively within the state to provide monitoring and technical support to sites, participation at trainings, meeting, outreaches and program review workshops.
Education / Experience:
- Education: A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of work experience as a Driver in a similar Organisation will be an added advantage.
- Language Requirements: Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies
- Good knowledge of the city and local roads
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with others
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures
- Ability to operate a vehicle and good driving skills
- Proficiency in the English language
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.