- The Entrepreneur Engagement Associate position is for young professionals with a passion for agribusiness, interested in getting exposed to a variety of private-sector interventions in the sector. Entrepreneur Engagement Associates have the opportunity to work with SMEs across multiple value chains in the agriculture sector, from farm to fork, across Africa.
In this role, you will be required to fulfill the following primary responsibilities working with the Nourishing Africa Team:
- Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Lead reviews of business plans and develop recommendations for engagement.
- Analyze, track, and report impacts of entrepreneur engagement programs and campaigns to the management.
- Leverage a variety of tools to manage an efficient entrepreneur engagement process.
- Engage potential, new, and existing entrepreneur members on the Nourishing Africa platform.
- Provide tailored leadership and coaching to entrepreneurs on the Nourishing Africa hub.
- Create strategic roadmaps to onboard new entrepreneurs and establish benchmarks for their success with Nourishing Africa.
- Provide an informed customer-focused feedback loop into the product design and management.
- Drive entrepreneur retention and adoption of features and new products on the Nourishing Africa hub and find new growth areas.
- Conduct meetings with agri-food SMEs and relevant stakeholders and create reports and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Create complete bibliography and contacts list of all entrepreneurs and other stakeholders engaged.
- Support the management on other Nourishing Africa initiatives as requested
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- We are looking for candidates with a passion for the agriculture sector and entrepreneurship development that are also driven and self-starters.
Below are key qualifications that we require:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business Management, Economics, Finance or related discipline.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business background with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a consulting firm or in a business development role, working with SMEs in Nigeria or other parts of Africa.
- Ability to write and review business plans.
- Superior presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven management and organizational skills.
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments.
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to develop acceptable solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Willingness to travel.
- Position based: Lagos, with occasional travels across Africa as necessary.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Entrepreneur Engagement Associate: Nourishing Africa” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.