Req ID: 200000P9
Location: Lagos-Island, Lagos
Job Type: Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type: Exempt – Experienced
- Responsible for supporting specific business development initiatives and tactics within a region, market, customer, or product segment.
- Develops, manages, and maintains business relationships with potential accounts supporting the organization’s sales strategy.
- Supports profitable growth or new business opportunities for new market segments.
- Develops leads and proposals.
- Collaborates with marketing and strategy counterparts to identify attractive market segments, lines of business, or product lines to pursue.
- Mentors, motivates, and develops less experienced sales and account team staff.
- Determines appropriate market accounts and creates account plans for targeted accounts.
- Develops new product/business forecasts through utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. common sales cycle, Customer Relationship Management Systems).
- Supports/executes Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) initiatives as needed.
- Supports cross business unit account development and strategy.
- Leads, manages and coordinates communication and interfaces with the customer at appropriate levels.
- Assures good communication and coordination between account management, field sales, upstream influencers, sales management, inside sales and sales analysts to attain the goals of the sales strategy and culture.
- Supports handoff process of account.
- Financial acumen – Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Ensures accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plans and aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Builds networks – Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Interpersonal savvy – Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Articulating Value Proposition – Interprets internal and external customer needs based on relevant application; explains and demonstrates products, solutions, and services to distinguish strengths and weaknesses to meet customer’s specific needs to differentiate against competition.
- Intuitive Listening And Adapting Solutions – Translates needs, expectations, or asks from customers, stakeholders, etc. into actionable solutions through active listening and intuition; chooses or produces solutions (e.g. process change, tool, product, service, etc.) to meet or exceed the customers’ or stakeholders’ needs or expectations or to provide value.
- Market Analysis – Researches information using meaningful and valid sources and data to expand your knowledge of markets; analyzes findings by connecting dots and identifying trends to create a coherent image of the market; summarizes relevant insights by condensing, prioritizing, and translating how these impact our business.
- Market Positioning – Compiles market overview and trends to build frameworks which provide market insights to the decision making process
- Prioritizing Market Opportunities – Collaborates with business stakeholders to define criteria and framework for ranking and achieving consensus on market opportunities.
- Sales Pipeline Management – Plans proactively for successful execution of account/territory-level sales strategies and plans based on current pipeline; evaluates pipeline health (size, contents, progress); adjusts sales strategy, plans, or high impact activities accordingly; as applicable coaches sellers in order to achieve sales objectives.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, sales, technical or a related subject required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.