Location: Yola, Adamawa State with visits to field office
Reports To: Project Director
Start Date: June, 2020
Period: One year contract with possible renewal
Supervises: Finance, Procurement, HR and Admin Officers
Leadership of all aspects of financial management, accounts, administration and human resources; monthly budgets, accounts and variance analysis for decision making. Prepare annual budget, cash requests and quarterly re-forecasts.
Implement internal and external audit recommendations, support PWC in preparing year end accounts and oversee external audit. Prepare donor budget and financial reports in line with contract requirements, IFRS and Nuru International’s policy.
- Ensure organizational compliance with Nigerian & International finance regulations
- Lead development of financial plans, budgets and forecasts
- Prepare financial statements and support PWC in preparation of year end accounts
- Facilitate population of monthly and quarterly Dash Boards
- Ensure that a monthly income and expenditure tracking sheets is prepared, submit to PWC in a timely manner
- Review financial processes and procedures on a bi-annual basis
- Supervise preparation of accurate and timely financial reports alongside PWC for donors as required
- Carry out benchmarking exercises and supplier reviews to obtain value for money on its purchases
- Ensure that accounting records and books of accounts are kept up to date and are in accordance with Nuru International/Nigeria’s chart of accounts
- Ensure that all payments to supplies and/or projects are in accordance with relevant regulations and approved plans/budgets
- Review monthly payroll, and ensure necessary deductions and reimbursements are processed against staff accounts
- Ensure that donor funds are received as per disbursements agreements and that expenditure by all staff is coded by unit and donor correctly
- Ensure that bank reconciliation as well as debtors and creditors statements are done monthly
- Ensure that cheque books, purchase order books, invoices etc. are well accounted for and are kept in a safe and secure custody
- Annually review accounting timelines and processes to ensure accounts are being produced across our admin and field sites in the most effective manner
- Ensure there transparent and credible procurement processes are in place
Human Resources/Admin Responsibilities
- Implementing and revising HR policies and compensation program including annual salary benchmarking
- Facilitate the implementation of 3600 Performance Management and appraisal system for employees
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Ensure proper benefits administration and record keeping/tracking systems are in place
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads, setting interview panels, reviewing JDs etc.
- Oversee new employee orientations and employee relations counseling are conducted
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Coordinate employees travel and logistical needs.
Strategic Leadership Responsibilities
- Support financial planning, risk management and value for money work within the organization
- Oversee overall organizational performance and people development including the managing of the performance dashboard and Bottom Line Accountabilities.
- Contribute to strategic planning and organizational management as a member of the Strategic Leadership Team as a team player
- Support the Project Director and SLT in the governance, oversight and direction of non-programmatic units
- Support the Project Director to develop and engage the SLT in the strategic growth and expansion of Nuru Nigeria
- Act as a role model to our staff and partners by upholding our values and policies at all times Create and maintain a values-based ethic across Nuru Nigeria to ensure that the Nuru Nigeria’s values, codes of conduct, policies and standards are understood clearly by all and adhered to in practice.
- Masters’ in Business Administration or management or any social science/humanities required
- 5 years of managerial experience required
- Basic experience of Finance, Procurement and admin required
- Experience in strategy development and implementation
- Result oriented and people’s person
- Solution driven
- Critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers most especially Ms Word & Excel and Google Applications
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadline
- A team player with excellent leadership skills
- Very good understanding of office management processes
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and changing priorities
Nuru Nigeria offers:
- Competitive salary
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and disability, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following their Cover Letter and Resume/CV to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted