Locations: Damaturu, Maiduguri or Yola
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
Slot: 3 Openings
- Finance/Cash Transfer Officer will support in the day-to-day implementation of the Cash Transfer program, ensuring that the Project achieves its goals and objectives and in compliance to the Donor standards.
- Ensure the proper implementation and reporting of the Cash based Program Activities by supervising the Cash for Work teams and ensure that all activities are carried out and reported in an effective, efficient and transparent matter.
- Plan and organize the Cash distributions to the registered beneficiaries in the project communities and ensure effective community and stakeholder coordination in the implementation of the Cash transfer program.
- Ensure effective communication of project objectives and activities to both beneficiary communities and relevant stakeholders such as local authority and community leadership.
- Assist in sensitization of local government structures, communities and traditional authorities on the on targeting criteria and identification and registration of the beneficiaries.
- Help oversee delivery of regular cash transfers and helping ensure the resolution of any problems.
- Actively participate in relevant field assessments to identify the beneficiaries’ needs and viable business opportunities, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs.
- Organize the training of the cash beneficiaries on the identified needs
- Compile and submit regular project reports and updates
- Facilitate the provision of livelihoods kits for agricultural or income generating activities in order to enable the ability to start-up businesses that will strengthen the households economically and enable them retain their children in school beyond the lifespan of the project.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BSc/HND in Finance, Accountancy, Economics or related fields.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a relevant position.
- Proven experience in Cash Programming is a distinctive advantage.
- Experience in community mobilization and conducting distributions is desired.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Able to work on a high level with Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Accounting software.
- Previous experience in an international NGOs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environment.
- Committed, honest and eager to learn.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
Click here for more information
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
Interested and qualified? Go to American University of Nigeria (AUN) on docs.google.com to apply