- To facilitate accurate financial reporting for management report, group reporting, and statutory financial statement.
- Review of general ledger accounts to ensure transactions are complete and captured in line with relevant financial reporting standards;
- Support month and year end close process;
- Adherence to monthly closing checklist and closing calendar;
- Timely completion of monthly management reports;
- Ensure accurate preparation and submission of VBN HFM Reports to Group;
- Respond to financial reporting queries from the Group;
- Assist in the provision of financial analysis suitable for decision making;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts and projections;
- Prepare the Annual Financial Statements;
- Assist in ensuring timely completions of External Audits. Respond to queries from auditors and ensure implementation of all recommendations raised during the audit;
- Provide ad-hoc analysis requests from the Finance Director.
Communications and Work Relationships:
- Internal: All Staff
- External: External Auditors
- Other Business Units: All Departments
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competency Requirements
- Strong technical accounting skills including a deep understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and its business application
- Exceptional financial modelling skills
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills
- Good working experience with Microsoft office tools especially Microsoft excel and power point.
- Experience in preparation of statutory financial statements
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to details
- Highly organized and efficient
- Big 4 audit firm experience highly desired.
- Ability to research and report on various technical accounting issues
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job.