Overview / Background
- SYAHD is currently operating in two States namely Kano and Katsina state through donor funded projects. Our thematic areas are Educational services, Health, Household economic strengthening and psychosocial support to care givers, children, women, youth, and women empowerment through skills acquisition programs.
- This is a Save the children International (SCI) Project funded by Canadian government through the Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Society for Youth Awareness and Health Development (SYAHD). Titled: “Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make informed choices for their health (REACH) in Sandamu LGA, Katsina State.
- Save the Children (SC) has been working in Nigeria since 2001, and is a strong, recognized and respected voice for children’s rights. Our programs currently support health and nutrition, education, child protection, food security, livelihoods and social protection in both development and humanitarian contexts. In Nigeria, the project aims to improve the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of adolescent girls and boys (aged 10-19) in hard to reach, rural communities in Gombe, Zamfara and Katsina states. To achieve this aims, the project has 3 broad objectives. (1) Improving access to high quality, gender-sensitive and adolescent- friendly SRH services for unmarried and married adolescent girls and boys; (2) Increasing the decision-making of married and unmarried adolescent girls about their own SRHR; and (3) Improving the integration of civil society contributions and evidence-based best practices in ASRHR policy design and implementation at local and state levels.
Scope of Role:
- This role report to the Team Lead.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirement, timelines and templates
- Communication with donors on the project budget and financial reports
- Responsible for accurate Posting and coding of PVs, journals and RVs
- Prepare bank reconciliations statements
- Ensure security of financial information including hard copy supporting documents and data base backups.
- Review activity budgets prepared by technical team
- Prepare monthly financial management and reports and analysis on variances
- Support with any donor audit on the project
- Prepare and post payroll information
- Participate in procurements meetings
- Verify timesheets and hours worked by project staff
- Ensure that all financial transactions have adequate and auditable supporting.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Higher National Diploma, National Diploma, (Accounting Business Administration or any, Social Sciences)
- Candidates must have at least 2-3 years of progressive experience working in a similar position
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skills and experience conducting data verification, analysis, reporting and monitoring
- Experience in transcribing audio data, and in data entry
- Excellent IT skills
- Good writing, editing, research, and presentation skills
- Previous experience in facilitating trainings, workshops and events
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics
- Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications both in English and Hausa languages
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills are an advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements with their locations to: email@example.com
Important Information / Notice
- All applicants must include the position title in the subject line
- Applicant must be fluent in local language and familiar with the local cultures
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- We are equal employment opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply.