Organization: NASCON Allied Industries Plc.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of the company’s fleet.
- Control and reduce operating costs, providing specialist knowledge relating to trucks management
- Improve the operational performance of the fleet, whilst minimizing the operative downtime.
- Implement and maintain policies and processes to ensure the fleet operates effectively and efficiently, educating staff with the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Management of our tracker provider to monitor and improve driver management, sharing this information with the Head of Transport and Management Team.
- Maintain records, proving that the fleet is compliant with regulations whilst demonstrating value for money.
- Analyze transport distribution methods and processes for optimal delivery of customer freight that meets established service and cost requirements.
- Facilitate timely daily, weekly, monthly truck technical inspection with the use of the truck checklist.
- Manage maintenance schedules to ensure that the optimum number of trucks are working at all times to meet the company’s customer needs.
- Budget management of fleet repairs on costs and administrative costs, recognizing the need for value for money in compliance with Financial Regulations.
- Directly supervise and observe the loading of trucks to determine conformance to loading patterns and to prevent shifting or damage to materials or products during transit.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items, safety issues and perform preventive maintenance.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing & frequency.
- Track trucks, fuel usage, and consumption rates to identify ways to maximize fuel economy and manage fuel card usage.
- Understand, embrace and apply the company culture of continuous improvement.
Apply and record appropriate disciplinary actions where necessary.
- Mechanical aptitude and analytical skills
- Experience in providing strategic and operational leadership of a commercial fleet.
- General knowledge in Utilizing GPS systems to monitor drivers and track trucks.
- Knowledge of minimizing the impact on business whilst conducting cyclical and incidental fleet repairs.
- A strong working knowledge of Nigeria fleet and transport legislation.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management
- HND/B.Sc. in Transport & Logistics Management or other related fields
- 5-10 years’ cognate experience in a Logistics role
- Relevant professional certification in Transport in Nigeria. E.g. National Institute of Transport & Logistics is an added advantage
- Experience in FMCG or transportation industry.
- Experience of managing a fleet of commercial trucks of 100 or more
- Experience of compliance requirements for the transport industry.
- Experience of fleet telemetry/Truck tracking systems.
- Experience of fleet maintenance systems.