- The job holder will be responsible for the planning, coordination and controlling the Food Production processes.
- Will make sure the food and services are efficiently produced and that the right amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality. (The ideal candidate for this role MUST have been an industrial cook who grew through the rank).
- Oversee the day-to-day operations at the kitchen to ensure optimal production quality and maximum profit for company.
- Take charge of the processing of food and the amount produced from the kitchen.
- Direct and supervise the activities of food production staff.
- Ensure menu items and recipes for a variety of food products are followed to the letter.
- Monitor every aspect of production to ensure compliance with established procedures and standards.
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and replacement of production equipment to ensure smooth work operations.
- Create work shifts to ensure round-the-clock food production operations.
- Maintain accurate inventory of raw materials and processed food products.
- Ensure products and raw materials are stored properly at optimum conditions.
- Assign production staff according to their competence and work demand.
- Motivate and supervise work crew to ensure daily production targets are achieved.
- Liaise with the sales and marketing department to develop and implement strategies for driving sales of newly introduced or seasonal menus products.
- Enforce health/safety procedures and guidelines for operation.
- Inspect food production equipment to ensure they are operational and in good working order for food processing.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external food production regulations and legislation.
- Proffer recommendations to management on ways to increase production quality and revenue generation ideas.
Requirements and Competencies
- A degree in Catering and Hotel Management or similar field.
Relevant Working Experience
- A minimum of 6 years experience in the hospitality/Industrial Catering Sector as a Cook who grew in the rank.