Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
This activity seeks to review the current NERI/NLCB Women Peace and Security Community Engagement (WPCE) Training Guide with the aim of producing a more robust, comprehensive and localized document that addresses the peculiar needs of women and girls in the region, and can be adopted and institutionalized for training purposes across the region. The STTA Guide Developer Assistants will support the STTA Guide Developer and STTA Gender Specialist in the review of the WPCE.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The STTA Guide Developer Assistants will report to the Program Manager through the Community Development Facilitators (CDFs). The STTA Guide Developer Assistants are expected to produce a precise final report written in simple and clear English language. The STTA is required to provide evidence for days worked as payment will only be for actual number of days worked within the stipulated number provided in the contract.
- Together with the rest of the team – STTA Guide Developer (Lead), STTA Gender Specialist, STTA Independent Reviewers, STTA Graphics Designer, and STTA Reviewer Assistant conduct planning meetings with NLCB Team, on the modalities, timelines and implementation plan of the activity.
- Conduct research, edit and proof-read documents, manage correspondences, write and share reports and other administrative tasks.
- Work closely with the STTA Guide Developer to organize and coordinate two online Workshops for the review of the NLCB Women Peace and Security Community Engagement Guide (WPCE).
- Document the recommendations and outcome of the Workshops.
- Work closely with the STTA Gender Specialist to provide technical and specialized inputs and content on gender issues relevant for the review of the WPCE.
- Work closely with the STTA Graphics Designer to provide adequate and appropriate illustrations, pictorial and other graphical content.
- Work closely with the STTA Reviewer Assistant to distribute hard and or soft copies of the WPCE, reports, documents and other correspondences; organize, send invitations, report, manage and report online meetings and workshops.
- Work closely with STTA Independent Reviewers to incorporate their recommendations, resources, high-level information and direction in the review of the WPCE
- Debrief the CDF on daily progress and recommendations.
- Monitor and utilize resources effectively.
- Support the M&E team for all the activities during AMR development and review of Final Evaluation Reports.
- Prepare a comprehensive final report on the activity. The draft report shall be shared with NLCB field staff for comments and inputs for inclusion in the final report.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Law and or advanced degree in Conflict Management, Peacebuilding, Gender Studies or related field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing women and gender issues.
- Experience in developing training curriculum, synopsis and manuals.
- Strong understanding of gender-sensitive programming principles and tools and ability to apply these effectively to meet the needs of the community and stakeholders.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with the use of virtual meeting tools and software.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint and other editing tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of local languages spoken in the project area and context will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining stakeholder networks across local government platforms and community engagement forums.
- Experience in working in the North-East especially Northern Borno and Yobe.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Ability to communicate in Hausa, Kanuri and or Shuwa desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision
Qualified applicants MUST submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22nd, 2020:
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.