Job: FBN Gen. Job Family
Organization: Chief Financial Officer Directorate
Job Type: Full Time
Grade Range – From: Deputy Manager
Grade Range – To: Senior Manager
- Coordinate the budgeting process and drive the implementation of the commercial banking group’s budget
- Develop required financial models and approaches to deliver the annual plan & forecasts
- Develop and implement the relevant framework, policies and processes to measure and report the Banking Group’s performance along distinct dimension: customers, segments, products, channels, etc.
- Coordinate the implementation and management of balanced scorecard system
- Monitor performance, viz-a-viz budget on a monthly basis and analyse the bank’s performance against competition and industry
- Provide actionable insights and analytics as may be required to drive and optimize the bank’s performance
- Facilitate periodic performance review sessions (MPR, QPR)
- Drive budgetary control and implement cost optimization initiatives
- Coordinate and maintain account mapping integrity across SBUs
- Manage the MIS (Management Information System) reporting application and planning applications.
Education & Certifications:
- First Degree in Accounting or Finance related programs with at least second class lower division.
- Master’s Degree / Professional certification in Accounting or Finance.
- Other Degree programs will be considered, if the candidate has master’s Degree / Professional certification in Accounting or Finance.
- Candidate must have 12-15 years industry experience in management information system and decision support, budgeting and budgetary control, scorecard development and management, competitive benchmarking, and business analytics.
- At least 5 years must have been in a management role. Experience in business advisory or professional Finance / Accounting would be beneficial.
- Experience in consulting with major projects will be an advantage.
The candidate must have:
- Sound knowledge of finance, financial & management accounting, budgeting and cost control principles
- Deep knowledge of Banking operations and processes, banking services / products, business processes, and performance management principles.
- Ability to analyze financial and non-financial data, prepare financial performance reports, statements and projections, and be able to understand complex systems
- Experience driving automation of financial reporting and performance measurement systems and proficiency in analytics tools including Microsoft Excel, Power BI, etc.
- Excellent strategic thinking, organization, coordination, problem-solving, conflict resolution, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools for presentation.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality outputs within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Passion and drive for process design, implementation, and improvements
- Experience and skills for change management and stakeholder engagement