Reports to: Registrar or Programs Officer/ Coordinator
The HR assistant manages all HR related activities including selection, recruitment, posting, training, and development of locally recruited staff identifies skills and competency gaps needed to achieve operational demands. Assists or provides expert input and guidance to the managers, and all actors involved in the process of staffing and budget reviews, recruitment, and appointment of staff.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operations program review submissions with focus on staffing requirements (i.e. skills and competencies) of the operation.
- Participate in the review of the local training needs of the staff, assisting or making appropriate proposals to meet identified needs of re-profiling and development.
- Ensure that the members of the Institute have a sound awareness of staff rules and regulations (including the Code of Conduct) and is aware of its rights and obligations.
- Oversee and provide guidance in the process of recruitment and selection of new staff by ensuring timely advertisement and the filling of vacancies.
- Supervise maintenance of the personnel records of the institute staff and members.
- Personnel administration related functions.
- Keep records of members and graduates of IHSD; follow-up on members where need be.
- Support training administration and secretariat oversight, produce training material
- Provides expertise and guidance to all staff in the office: supervisors, supervisees as well as all other colleagues in the office who may need HR advice.
- Brief newly arrived staff on related administrative formalities and ensure all arrangements are expedited in relation to their accreditations.
- Minimum qualifications and professional experience required:
– Education: University degree in Human Resources Management /Administration, Law or similar disciplines.
– Job experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with Advanced University/Master’s degree (4 years with University/Bachelor’s Degree).
Benefits of the Internship
- Free trainings/sponsored courses
- Sponsored professional membership certificate/induction
- Letter of commendation/recommendation and any other incentive as may be decided
- Valuable work experience and exposure to the global best practices in the sector
- Network with professionals in the field and exposure to our UN partner’s project
- Transition into a job/building job career in the humanitarian sector
Time Requirements: The time requirements for the above-mentioned positions are a minimum of 3 hours or more daily, 15 or more hours in a week.
Interested and qualified individuals should send their CV and written application highlighting their skills and previous experiences (as one Microsoft attachment) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 25th June 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for Interview which will be conducted by the end of the month. Selected candidates should be ready to resume work immediately.