- The HR Manager position is for experienced practitioners with the ability to carry out and perform; employee relations, recruitment, performance management system, leave management, facility management, policy, administrative insurance, training, filing and documentation functions.
- He/ she will have the opportunity to advise on current labor law acts applicable to Sahel and manage the administrative duties related to workforce from entry to exit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with human resources policies and procedures.
- Develop and recommend operational processes by updating and designing procedures/ policies that will improve performance and efficiency in Admin/ HR tasks.
- Liaise with HMO, insurance and pensions administrators to ensure staff are registered and enrolled when required.
- Manage the smooth functioning of the office support systems in the most cost-effective manner.
- Conduct weekly support team meetings to address issues and orient auxiliary staff on their duties.
- Source internally and externally for best talents to fit into vacant positions, screen CVs, conduct interviews and assessments, carry out due diligence and advise appropriately on selected candidates, coordinate on-boarding of new hires.
- Revise and amend employee manual as the need arises.
- Update Sahel Consulting’s team lists, administrative data, buddy peering lists, WhatsApp group, email groups and advise on workforce exit and entry on a monthly basis.
- Design and present cost-benefit analysis when relating with service providers and recommend appropriately before presenting to management.
- Periodically circulate relevant notifications regarding weekly knowledge sharing sessions, health and safety precautions, schedules, events and policy amendment.
- Review, update and advise on preventive maintenance schedule with the support team for effective management of facilities.
- Coordination of learning and development programmes for staff including the knowledge sharing and management trainings.
- Manage facilities’ infrastructure including assets, the office environment and administrative staff.
- Assist management in other areas related to ensuring the success of Sahel Consulting.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- B.Sc in Business related discipline
- 7 years of related Human Resources
- Certification in CIPM or Student membership of CIPM/ SHRM and other credible HR certifications is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labor Act.
- Ability to work within and lead a team
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office software -Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in a Word – formatted single document to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. We do not encourage cold-calls or unsolicited applications.