The Institute Secretary shall be:
- Responsible to the Director General for the day to day administrative work of the institute
- Secretary to the Governing Council and its committees
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Institute
Qualification and Qualities
To qualify for the position of Institute Secretary the candidate must:
- Have obtained a minimum of second class Degree in the Social Sciences or Humanities with at least 15 (Fifteen) years post qualification cognate experience in a University, Research Institute or similar institution; or
- Be a holder of Master’s degree with at least 13 (Thirteen) years post-qualification cognate experience in a University, Research Institute or a similar Institution.
- Possession of a Law degree or Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM), NIM, CIS, CIA, will be added advantage.
The Candidate must possess:
- Adequate leadership experience and qualities;
- A high degree of competence and integrity; and
- An impeccable record of service.
Tenure & Salary
- The tenure of office is for a single term of 5 (Five) years.
- The remuneration of the Institute Secretary shall be a consolidated salary, as applicable in the case of a Registrar of a Nigerien Federal University.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send 10 copies of their typewritten Application and detailed CV, photocopies of their Credentials to the address below:
The Director – General,
Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies,
Supreme Court Complex,
Three Arms Zone,
Note: Applicants should give names of Three (3) referees; at least Two (2) should be competent to attest to the candidates’s professional / academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential report direct to the address above.