In support of the operational set-up of the Abuja office, Creative requires the services of an Information Technology Officer (IT Officer). The IT Officer will be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of all IT-related hardware and software, will oversee server administration and will troubleshoot all IT-related activities on the ground. This position is based in Abuja and travel to the state offices is required.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The IT Officer reports to the Administrative Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical set-up and needed support on all IT related issues, including installation and testing of workstations, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration
- Implement and document network operations, processes, and procedures
- Deploy and implement office network according to HQ specifications
- Serve as the office Network Administrator
- Identify and solve possible problems in the network
- Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, Internet connection, etc.
- Supervise and follow-up on equipment maintenance performed by other contractors
- Support and troubleshoot users in the Abuja office on their daily work
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources
- Participate in writing IT office policy
- Responsible for IT inventory; work closely with the DCOP and procurement team to monitor distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a yearly inventory check-up
- Set up, implement, and maintain hardware firewall
- Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates
- Coordinate with Creative/DC IT support staff to identify and troubleshoot problems
- Any other IT-related work as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in Information Technology or related field is highly preferred;
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience;
- Minimum two years of experience working with international organizations in a IT capacity;
- Fluency in English and in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
Qualified applicants MUST submit the following documents to email@example.com by May 22nd, 2020:
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.