The role of a Head of IT is one that requires you to provide technical directions to the fintech affiliate of the organization. While technically literate and capable, the position is primarily a leadership one, and the Head of IT will be responsible for building and leading the technical team to maintain and improve upon the existing technological infrastructure of the firm. You will work with cross-functional teams to deliver strongly on the objectives of the firm within set timelines. You will be familiar with technological trends and a variety of business concepts. The right person has project management experience with retail products in Nigeria, and is able to show evidence of shipping products in the Nigerian environment
We seek a Head of IT with excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. Previous leadership experience is required as you will be reporting to our executive team, and the right candidate will have the opportunity to gain significant responsibility within the company.
The ideal candidate will possess strong business acumen, be a strategic and tactical thinker, and be able to work and think systemically in the context of a larger team. You should be able to deliver strongly on big ideas and transform them into scalable projects.
- Maintain the firm’s existing mobile and web applications and their respective infrastructures
- Develop and implement strategic road maps for launching the firms’ products and scaling them to capture significant share of their target market
- Advise senior management of key technological and human resources required to ensure successful delivery of the firms’ objectives and develop a budget for approval by the board of directors
- Drive the product development initiatives of the business from idealization to market launch by working closely with cross functional teams such as software developers, application designers, product developers
- Develop and implement a framework for application security that prevents vulnerabilities against threats and safeguards the company’s resources on a continuous basis
- Use analytic tools to track users’ behavior and develop a process for utilizing the information derived to make better business decisions
- Set-up a contact center management team, develop and implement omnichannel strategies to improve users’ experience and drive better relationships
- Develop a mechanism for collating users’ feedback on applications and products, and using these feedbacks to make iterations to the firm’s applications and products
- Evaluate, recommend and oversee any changes in system architecture
- Ensure all applications are continuously updated to reflect global industry standards, trends and innovations
- Ensure that the firm’s technological processes are in compliance with all requirements, laws and regulations
- Monitor performance, prepare periodic reports for senior management review, and align road maps with the firms’ objectives
- Develop excellent working relationships with relevant third parties such as strategic stakeholders, IT, and business consultants, influencers, agents, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience as a full stack developer
- Experience in leading teams of front and back-end software engineers
- Demonstrated experience in the use of front-end frameworks such as Vue.js, Nuxt.js,
- Demonstrated experience in the use of back-end PHP frameworks such as Yii
- Demonstrated experience in the use of database concepts such as SQL, MySQL,
- Demonstrated experience in using API communication protocols such as REST, SOAP,
- Experience working in cloud environments such as Amazon AWS
- Experience working with project management tools such as Circle CI, Netlify
- Demonstrated experience in sysadmin and custom setup of individual services
- Demonstrated experience in developing Fin-Tech solutions
- Demonstrated experience in the development of digital products from problem definition and design thinking to design, agile implementation, iteration, launching and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience in testing and quality assurance of digital products
- Experience in managing application security
- Strong ability to debug and problem-solve in a timely manner
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (in Microsoft word), current and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the job title as subject of the mail.