Location: Banki, Borno
Supervisor: Field Coordinator
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- Under the direction of the Field Coordinator, the Logistics & Warehouse Assistant will be responsible for the provision logistical services and operating the warehouse containing a wide variety of project materials and equipment for the field site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists field coordinator in the arranging travel for field site staff and program beneficiaries
- Assist the field coordinator in procurement and deliveries of materials to the warehouse and field sites
- Verify quantities of goods delivered, inspect for damage; and sign delivery tags
- Prepare and maintain records concerning the receipt and issuance of materials
- Assists field coordinator in provision of logistic support to trainings delivered to community volunteers
- Update computer inventory control records
- Perform periodic physical inventory spot checks and reconciles with inventory records
- Assist in determining proper inventory levels, ordering points, and ordering quantities
- Confer with user departments and provide cost information for budgeting purposes
- Advise on methods to improve receiving, storing, and distributing materials and supplies; and maintain stock control records
- Liaises with Field Coordinator & Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer to minimize inventory and eliminate obsolete items
- Track usage of supplies and report on any incidence of abuse
- Serves as point of call for logistical and administrative needs at the field site
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.S / B.A Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Estate Management or related field with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage
- Experience using inventory management software is an advantage
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend and make inferences from technical materials and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies and procedures.
- Technical understanding of office and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.