- Manage the acquisition, monetization and deployment of content for all EMTS digital media and Value Added Services (VAS).
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the development of concepts for all EMTS’s portal and VAS content. Content may be in form of plain text, links, database content, still images (illustrations, photographs, diagrams), animation, questionnaires, audio, video and interactive graphics.
- Assist in the continuous review of the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and target content partners and content for digital media services
- Structure and negotiate content licensing deals for digital media services with content partners
- Manage relationships with content partners
- Identify ways to differentiate 9mobile products and services through the acquisition of content on a permanent or temporary exclusive basis
- Ensure that content partner reporting is carried out on a timely basis and that content partners are paid in line with the agreed contractual terms
- Ensure that partners deliver on their commitments to 9mobile as per contract terms on quality, quantity and timeliness.
- Work with other digital media colleagues in product management and product marketing to ensure a thorough understanding of 9mobile’s digital media services in order to communicate the features and customer benefits of digital media services to content partners
- Participate in vendor evaluation exercise for content providers.
- Liaise and manage relationships with third party content providers and ensure adherence to all copyright and other relevant laws.
- Ensure that content providers comply with agreed service levels especially as it relates to quality.
- Assist in implementing the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Digital Media.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head, Digital Media
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate / Professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role. Experience in content/media marketing is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online