The objective of the role is to manage the repairs of trucks for maximum reliability by servicing, inspecting, diagnosing and repairing faulty trailer bodies, systems and components.
Experienced mechanics especially on Iveco, Scania and Mercedes benz trucks.
- Diagnose and repair tractors and trailers, including preventative, maintenance, inspections, repair to air and hydraulic brakes, tires, driveline, steering and suspension, electrical with safety as the top priority.
- Identify, diagnosis, and resolve tractor and trailer related issues, i.e. tachometer, speedometer, power steering, power divider, U-joint, transmission, rear end, A/C, starter, alternator, APU, etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on tractor and trailer equipment including, tire rotation, oil changes, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Follow a checklist of inspection procedures and ensure proper documentation is complete, including permits, repair orders, filing, etc.
- Abide by all Company policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work area.
- Test-drive vehicles to ensure that they run smoothly
- Any other work assigned of similar responsibilities.
- Preparation of periodic maintenance reports
- The ideal candidate should have at least an OND/Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical Engineering with competence in diesel engines, mechanical/electronics, and/or related field.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to use Microsoft office package, especially excel and word
The person must:
- Be energetic.
- Be able to troubleshoot mechanical faults on machines and equipment
- Have ability to use mechanical tools and instruments
- Have analytical and organizing skills
- Be safety conscious and pay attention to details
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
Attractive and based on experience.
Applicant with the requirements above should send the following in addition to the their cv:
- Voter’s card, National ID card or Drivers license.
- A recent passport photograph