- 54gene is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic residents within Nigeria with a B.Sc. in science-related subjects and an interest in molecular biology and/or molecular microbiology.
- Candidates should have some basic laboratory experience obtained from a university or non-university laboratory and be willing to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment.
The trainees will be part of a 1-month program where they learn the following:
- Basics of nucleic acid extraction and real-time PCR applications in a laboratory setting
- Pipetting skills and basic understanding of how to accurately dispense solutions as specified by SOPs and
- How to operate in a BSL2+/BSL3 laboratory
- Essential: B.Sc. in science-related subjects
- Prior laboratory experience from a university or non-university laboratory
- Competency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills
Other Relevant Information:
- Must be available to begin immediately
- Must be willing to travel within Nigeria
- Individuals will be paid a monthly stipend.