- Seeking Experts with a Background in Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics or Molecular Microbiology (Contract).
- 54gene is seeking residents within Nigeria with background in molecular biology and/or molecular microbiology and prior experience in molecular diagnosis of diseases.
- Candidates should be highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals, with the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced molecular microbiology laboratory.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform laboratory procedures following SOPs, including nucleic acid extraction from pathogenic cultures, RT-PCR and qPCR analyses
- Use of automated instrumentation for laboratory processes
- Maintain accurate laboratory records manually and/or on the LIMS
- Participate in training programs relevant to laboratory practices.
Education & Certifications:
- Essential: B.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Molecular Microbiology, Medical Lab Sciences or subjects related to research on infectious diseases and/or a degree in M.B;B.S
- Desirable: M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology/Molecular Microbiology/Medical Lab Sciences or subjects related to research on infectious diseases
- Experience of molecular biology/genetics research, infectious disease research/micro- biology laboratory experience, with expertise in the handling of pathogens at BSL-2 level and above
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of professional laboratory experience on molecular techniques (human cells or microorganisms)
- Experience with PCR/qPCR data analysis is desirable, but not essential
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) or equivalent
- Very good oral presentation skills
Other Relevant Information:
- Must be available to begin immediately
- Must be willing to travel within Nigeria
- Individuals will be brought in on a 3-month contract which will be reviewed on a monthly basis thereafter
- Individuals will be paid a weekly stipend
- The duties stated are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Other related duties may be assigned within scope of ability.