Job Type – Monitoring and evaluation officer
Location: Gombe, Balanga LGA
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Scope of Role
This is a partner staff role. The staff will be engaged and paid by SCI partners, and reports to the partner’s Project Team Lead in Gombe state.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Support collection of reports and quality checks:
- Collects data pertaining to safe space activities in the communities
- Verify the reported data by safe space facilitators to ensure accuracy
- Responsible for data entry and maintenance of database
- Ensure timely sharing of monthly data reported by safe space facilitators and other activities of partners with MEAL officer in save the children office
- Ensure quality benchmarks are adhered to during implementation of activities by partner staff
- Provide close supervision of safe space activities and also conducts periodic data verification exercises
- Prepares reports containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content
- Support the project lead in using the data for planning and decision making
- Support supervision of community ASRH outreach services
- Supports the logistics and coordination of field research activities
- Organizes events such as workshops, meetings, seminars etc
- Prepares correspondence as needed
- Build the capacities of safe space facilitators on data management.
- Provide on the job training and mentoring on data reporting to safe space facilitators
- Support project lead and other staff on other capacity building activities
- Support project lead in building the capacities of safe space facilitators on complaint and response mechanism
- Support the setting up of complaint and response mechanism system in the communities
- Receive and document beneficiaries’ complaints in the database
- Work with project lead and other team members on complaint resolution and timely sharing of feedbacks to the beneficiaries
- Maintain and share monthly CRM database with the MEAL officer in save the children office
- Work with field teams to collect information on case studies and success stories
- Ensure program document are properly archived
- Provide other cross cutting supports when the needs arise.
Requirements, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in a relevant discipline (health sciences, social
- sciences, development studies or other)
- Candidates must have at least 1-2 years of progressive experience working in a similar position
- Formal training in research methods at a graduate level is an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skills and experience conducting data verification, analysis, reporting and monitoring
- Experience in transcribing audio data, and in data entry
- Excellent IT skills
- Good writing, editing, research, and presentation skills
- Previous experience in facilitating trainings, workshops and events
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics
- Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications both in English and Hausa languages
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills are an advantage
- Computer literacy (MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hausa
- Effective critical information gathering to create accurate reports.
Applicants should send their CVs and cover letter in one documents, addressing the position requirements with their locations to email@example.com and Copy Altine.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must include the position title in the subject line
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
We are equal employment opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Estimated start date: As soon as possible
Location: Gombe state (Balanga LGA)
Donor: Save the Children International
NOTE: Applicants must be Residents of Gombe State ONLY
This is a Save the children International (SCI) Project funded by Canadian government through the Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Kishimi shelter and care foundation (KSCF). Titled: “Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make Informed choices for their health (REACH) in Balanga LGA, Gombe
State. Save the Children (SC) has been working in Nigeria since 2001, and is a strong, recognized and respected voice for children’s rights. Our programs currently support health and nutrition, education, child protection, food security, livelihoods and social protection in both development and humanitarian contexts. In Nigeria, the project aims to improve the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of adolescent girls and boys (aged 10-19) in hard to reach, rural communities in Gombe, Zamfara and Katsina states.
To achieve this aims, the project has 3 broad objectives.
(1) Improving access to high quality, gender- sensitive and adolescent- friendly SRH services for unmarried and married adolescent girls and boys;
(2) Increasing the decision-making of married and unmarried adolescent girls about their own SRHR; and
(3)Improving the integration of civil society contributions and evidence-based best practices in ASRHR policy design and implementation at local and state levels.