- The Procurement Adviser will develop a work plan to ensure the completion of the tasks listed below in a manner consistent with the international best practice and the standard of the projects.
- Participate in preparation and periodical update of Project’s Annual Procurement Plans (APP), carry out verification of APP and its update
- In cooperation with other project staff to establishes and maintains an information database on procurement services, technology services, suppliers of equipment, consultants, etc.
- Maintain reporting procurement system in accordance with the Project Operational Manual (POM) provisions;
- Set up a monitoring capacity within the entities for overseeing project procurement actions and coordinating necessary approvals or correcting shortcomings in procedures or conclusions
- Organization and management of project records/archives;
- Preparation and publication of procurement notices as applicable under various procurement methods (ICB, NCB, LIB, International/National Shopping (IS/NS), QCBS, QBS, CQ, IC, etc);
- Coordinate with the project team and beneficiaries in preparation of technical specifications and TOR documents with specific emphasis on ensuring they are comprehensive, generic and minimizing risks of misinterpretation at the evaluation stage
- Preparation of bidding documents, request for proposals and other documents based on sample forms provided in the Project Implementation Manual (PIM);
- When necessary, develop a list of suppliers and contractors for shopping and short lists for consulting packages taking into account suppliers, contractors, consultants’ experience and qualifications
- Administrative and procedural support in technical and commercial evaluation of bids and the preparation of Bid Evaluation Reports in accordance with the PIM provisions;
- Administrative and procedural support in evaluation of technical and financial proposals of consultants and preparation of technical and final evaluation reports in compliance with the PIM provisions;
- Preparation of contracts in full conformity with the PIM forms;
- Participate in contract negotiations and signing;
- Assist on general contract administration and monitoring;
- Verification of payment documents under contracts for the supply of goods, works and services;
- Follow contract closure procedures and final reporting;
- Develop and discuss alternative solutions to identified problems
- Provide hands-on training on implementation matters covering procurement, disbursements, report writing, etc.
- Participate at meetings aimed at improving project implementation
- Any other responsibility relating to the project as required by the project coordinator.
- Bachelors degree in Procurement, Management, Industrial Engineering, Project Management, or related fields
- Minimum of five years of experience as a procurement consultant or manager in a donor funded project
- Candidate must have worked as a procurement consultant for World Bank assisted projects or similar Multilateral Institution environment such as ADB or similar organizations
- Experience in preparing bidding documents for large works/goods contracts and request for proposal documents for consulting services
- Demonstrate professional integrity and the ability to coordinate team activities
Location Niger Application Link
Location Taraba Application Link
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Application links above.