Owens and Xley – Our client, a Food Company in Lekki is looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Location: Lekki, Lagos
As a Production Manager of this newly established vegetable processing company, you will play a key role in the development of business operations and in the delivery of the company’s products and services.
Your key job functions will include the following
You will oversee and supervise a team of workers to ensure the factory delivers and functions as expected.
- Oversee the production process, developing/reviewing/updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required;
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- Ensure that the production is cost-effective and efficient;
- Estimate costs and set the quality standards;
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed;
- Be responsible for the selection, proper handling and maintenance of equipment
- Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes;
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- Operations & A Management
- Stock & Inventory Management
- Processing of Invoices
- Staff Welfare & Management
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers;
- Review worker performance;
- Identify training needs.
Other duties as required.
- A foundation Degree, HND or Degree in the following subjects: Supply Chain Management, Business Management / Operations; Food Science / Technology
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment is preferred;
- Experience in other areas of planning/forecasting, merchandising, development, stock control, purchasing, pricing, costing, logistics, warehousing or other operations required.
Years of Experience:
5 – 7 years
- Good judgment and decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Team Leadership
- Self Starter
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
N100,000 – N150,000 monthly.