Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Reports to: Director of Technical Programs
- S/He will provide technical support and oversight for the implementation of Strategic Information activities to meet program targets.
- The Program Officer is to ensure data quality, adhere to best practices in data collection, collation, reporting and use in different levels.
- S/he will promote health system strengthening activities at all levels, and the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program.
- The Program Officer will also collaborate with the Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring and evaluation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor collection, collation, analysis, reporting and use of data.
- Ensure completeness, correctness and consistency of all program reports.
- Provide guidance to state and facility staff on indicators, reporting and data quality issues.
- Support the routine use of data for decision making at supported states, Local Government Areas(LGAs) and facilities through gap analyses and run charts.
- Participate in the development and periodic review of program reporting protocols.
- Ensure compliance of facilities, LGAs and States to reporting timelines.
- Participate in development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Program Monitoring and Reporting.
- Participate in developing matrices in line with indicator requirements
- Generate all program reports including adhoc reports, routine program reports and USAID quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports.
- Archive all reports received from facilities/LGAs.
- Ensure reporting tools, standard monitoring and evaluation indicators are utilized for consistency in measurement.
- Participate in the development of Performance Monitoring Plans and Monitoring &Evaluation
- Participate in health system strengthening activities.
- Generate regular gap analysis to show program/ state progress towards achieving set targets.
- Put in place proper feedback mechanism is put for data quality of indicator reports.
- Participate in periodic data quality assessments at health facilities we support, generate reports and track implementation of recommendations from the exercise.
- Participate in facility assessment and activation activities and provide technical support as required.
- Strengthen national reporting lines at supported health facilities.
- Provide technical guidance on program indicators across all thematic units.
- Oversee data reporting on eTB Manager, GxAlert/Aspect softwares and TB notification app.
- Support use of data for program planning, evaluation, and policy advocacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Strategic Information.
- A University degree in any of the following or related fields: Medicine, Pharmacy, Natural and Social sciences, Statistics, Public Health and Epidemiology. A master’s degree will be an added advantage. Minimum of three years working experience in relevant field.
- Experience in data collection, processing and use.
- Experience with tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS programs or related health service programs; experience working with tuberculosis prevention, diagnosis and treatment and/or impact mitigation programs in the West African context is desirable.
- Experience with the USAID and Global Funds Strategic Information System is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines.
- United States Government- funded monitoring and evaluation programs reporting framework for tuberculosis, including indicator definitions
- National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme Recording and Reporting tools.
- Ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools and make recommendations based on findings.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications especially Excel and Access.
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure and the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme.
- Have a supportive attitude towards strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work during weekends.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.