Reports to: Registrar/CEO
The Institute for Humanitarian Studies and Social Development seeks to employ a program officer for a full-time employment in her Abuja Office.
Job Purpose: The Programs Officer/Coordinator will coordinate the development and implementation of quality programs and activities in accordance with IHSD’s requirements. S/He will be responsible for providing direction, coordination, and support to the Program teams. The Programs Officer will ensure the smooth implementation of projects, activities, and achievement of program objectives and outcomes.
The Programs Officer will report directly to and work closely with the Registrar. S/He will supervise program team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of new ideas and projects to meet the Institute’s objectives, goals, mission, and vision
- Supervise and support the Programs Team Members by providing technical and strategic guidance, program direction, input and feedback
- Serve as technical lead on the development of project proposals and concept notes for new program ideas in collaboration with Fundraising and Development Officer
- Support the office of the Registrar in the coordination of trainings, development of training calendar, and liaise with different resource persons and prospective students where need be.
- Ensure that course programs and interventions are tailored to meet the needs of our target beneficiaries.
- Provide management oversight for ongoing course programs, ensuring that all course programs and other programs and activities are managed to budget and achieve the planned results on time based on organizational policy and requirements
- Support the Coordination of members and fellows of the Institute including state chapters and IHSD Alumni Association.
- Ensure improved social media content and ONLINE marketing of all training and programs.
- Identify new partners and collaborators and engage in partnership building.
- Coordinate the development of annual organizational programs work plans and budget
- Provide regular program and operational/financial reports to the Registrar
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with program partners and stakeholders
- Oversee program/project-related monitoring, evaluation and learning process
- Report monitoring and evaluation findings to the Registrar and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Develop technical documents including course outlines, training guides, manuals, booklets, etc. to aid the implementation of programs at all levels
- Review and approve all organizational program reports submitted to external partners and stakeholders.
Staff Management and Teamwork
- Stand-in for the Registrar or other colleagues as required.
- Facilitate shared learning and joint initiatives regarding programs and activities implementation
- Support the development and realization of program monitoring, evaluation, and learning as well as knowledge management outcomes by promoting documentation and sharing of lessons learned
- Work with the Registrar to cultivate and manage relationships and partnerships
- Nurture an open and collaborative work environment that encourages learning, productivity, accountability, flexibility, respect, non-discrimination, and communication
- In consultation with the Registrar, recruit, interview and select qualified program staff
- Work closely with the Registrar and HR Officer to carry out annual performance appraisals of program team members and develop capacity building plans
- A Degree in International Relations, Conflict Resolution, Peace Studies, International Development, or related field. Advanced degree and/or additional specialization or the professional certificate serves as an advantage.
- Minimum 3-5 years of program management experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, policy development and fluent written/spoken English
- Experience working with the development sector required
- Experience working and building collaborative relations with, members of civil society, government, academia, and the private sector
- Demonstrates the ability to take initiative as well as develop and implement programs
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to lead, inspire, manage, coach and mentor staff at both an individual and collective levels
- An experience working with a training institution or educational consultancy firm would be an added advantage.
- Must be very good in social media marketing and other computer applications
- Must be good in content development
- Skill in web design /management and communication will be an added advantage.
- Note: Please, applicants must be resident in Abuja, (residence within Gwarinpa or its environs is an advantage)
Interested and qualified individuals should send their CV and written application highlighting their skills and previous experiences (as one Microsoft attachment) to: email@example.com, on or before 25th June 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for Interview which will be conducted by the end of the month. Selected candidates should be ready to resume work immediately.