Location: Kuje – Abuja
Reports to; Director of Programs
- Program Management – USAID “Youth-Powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-Being in Nigeria.” Project – (100% LoE)
The successful candidate will
- Operationalize administrative procedures such as Time sheet, Travel and transportation, Documentation, and Procurement of services of Consultants.
- Manage and review approved claims of staff on the project
- Create and update staff information in personnel files
- Liaise with other units to update WFI’s fixed assets register
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plan;
- Maintain project correspondence and communication;
- Collect, register and maintain all information on project activities;
- Advise all project counterparts on applicable administrative procedures and ensures their proper implementation;
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of progress reports;
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
- Maintain project filing system;
- Prepare routine correspondence and memoranda for CEO signature;
- Receive, screen and distribute correspondence and attach necessary background information.
- Follow-up on timely disbursements by donors/prime partner;
- Assist in the preparation of payments requests for operational expenses, salaries, insurance, etc. against project budget and work plan;
- Support the preparations of project work-plan and operational and financial planning processes;
- Monitor project activities, budget and financial expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Advise and assist CEO and DOP on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated USAID/WFI procedures;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
- Maintain records over project equipment inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to WFI’s core values and ideology.
- Passion for working with youth