Location: Abuja, Nigeria (temporarily work-from-home due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, until it is safe to work from PAD’s office)
Start date: As soon as possible
- We are looking for a driven, creative and independent person to join a high-performing, flexible team as a Project Associate to support PAD’s new operations in Nigeria by supporting multiple projects with government and other key partner organizations.
- You will work in a non-hierarchical team and have opportunities to work closely with PAD staff and substantially contribute to PAD’s programs that test new ideas, measure their impacts, and scale them up.
- The Project Associate will be responsible to provide ongoing support to PAD’s operations in Nigeria. The Project Associate will report to the Nigeria Research and Operations Manager and will work with the relevant Program Leads and Director of New Programs.
- The position will be located in Abuja, Nigeria and will temporarily be a work-from-home position due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. When it is safe to do so, this position will be based from PAD’s office in Abuja, Nigeria and will require frequent travel to field locations in Nigeria.
- PAD is a start-up organization and will require flexibility from all staff with regards to roles and responsibilities.
The Project Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work closely with PAD team members and partner organizations to implement projects;
- Provide project implementation support to project technical staff and provide overall backstopping;
- Work closely with Research and Operations Manager to track deliverables across projects, and contribute to the effective implementation of activities
- Plan and execute program activities, including identifying priorities, creating timelines, meeting with stakeholders, monitoring project implementation and maintaining project files on shared drives;
- Supervise and coordinate qualitative and quantitative data collection (including farmer focus groups, interviews, surveys), data cleaning and analysis, and writing reports;
- Maintain excellent relationships and communication with partners to ensure the success of our projects;
- Support the dissemination of project results via presentations and reports;
- Develop and document project protocols and processes.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Development or Agricultural Economics, Public Policy, International Development, Business Administration or closely related fields;
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience;
- Strong writing and oral communication skills in English;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Willingness and ability to work under tight timelines, and flexibility to engage in multiple projects
- Willingness to travel up to 30% to project areas nationally;
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
Desired Qualifications and Experience: Our preferred candidates are likely to have some, but not all, of the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields: development or agricultural economics, public policy, international development, business administration or closely related fields
- Ability to work in multicultural settings
- Experience working on implementation of smallholder agricultural projects
- Private sector consulting experience a plus
- This position is contingent upon the candidate being able to get work authorization in Nigeria.
- Commensurate with experience
Method of Application