Location: Michika, Adamawa
Contract type: National contract
- DRC is seeking the services of a committed and competent Project Team Leader – COVID 19 Response to join the Adamawa Team. Interested persons will be reporting to the Project Manager – COVID 19.
- The Project Team Leader primary function is to support the Project manager in planning and delivery of OFDA funded COVID19 response project; ensuring planning, quality of the implementation and follow up of IPC and COVID19 related PSS activities being implemented by DRC.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
General Programming & Operations:
- Develop work plans and ensure timely and efficient delivery of all aspect of the project
- Maintain adequate project records to facilitate timely and quality reporting
- Coordinate with the MEAL team to conduct assessments and post monitoring activities
- Incorporate learnings to improve project deliveries
- Support field teams to build strong community networks that would facilitate every aspect of the project
- Support the project manager to compile donors and other types of reports
Coordination and Representation:
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External health technical experts on issues related to IPC and COVID19 related PSS.
- Represent DRC at IPC meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings.
- Ensure integration of IPC activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with WASH, Shelter and Protection counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Ensure good representation and reputation of DRC at all levels.
- Actively participate in an internal coordination meeting
- Ensure and actively participate in regular sector meetings.
- Supervise IPC and COVID19 PSS staff.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the community-based mechanisms in operational areas as needed.
- Conduct regular field visits or as required to ensure IPC and PSS tasks are going on as planned and mentoring – through technical backstopping and training of duty bearers.
Logistics / Finance:
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report health partners and DRC rational use of PPEs and other supplies
- To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to be honest, strongly motivated and display a high standard of integrity in humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented
- At least 3 years’ experience in an NGO setting.
- Ability to plan and execute in a timely and quality manner
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- IT literate, MS – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environment Health Science, Biological Sciences, Public health or Nursing degrees from a recognized institution
- Possession of a master’s degree an added advantage
- Epidemiological experience
- Experience working in a public health emergency (i.e. Ebola, Lassa Fever, Chorea and etc).
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Ability to multitask and work comfortably under pressure
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO is an asset
- Knowledge in Hausa
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions, any local speaking language will be an advantage
Salary and Conditions:
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.