Webcruiter ID: 4234277970
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Full Time / Part-time: Full-time
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop Protection strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments across CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide protection inputs on proposals from other sectors to ensure safe programming is taken into consideration from the design phase across NRC programming.
- Lead on the design and delivery of capacity building activities to strengthen the capacity of field staff to understand and deliver safe programming, based on NRC Protection Policy, Roadmap and training materials.
- Develop briefing notes, reports and strategies on protection issues and engagement with duty bearers to fulfil their responsibilities in collaboration with the Advocacy Manager
- Design and technically oversee protection-focused projects, strengthening community-based protection mechanisms and specialized service provision as relevant, ensuring protection is a strong, evidence-based element of NRC’s country program.
- Work with the protection cluster lead agencies to ensure coherence and harmonization of humanitarian protection standards and interventions in Nigeria.
- Responsible for the development and the finalization of policies and systems and to the setup of an in country PSEA framework and structure.
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the Lake Chad Basin region and north-eastern Nigeria context specifically
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programmes
- Experience in team capacity building
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Experience in community based and participatory programme planning approaches, with operational based experience in supporting camp and out of camp projects,
- Good understanding of key technical standards (SPHERE, HAP, IASC, gender mainstreaming, IHL, hum principles etc.) with the ability to integrate into programming
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiate action and change
We Can Offer
- Commencement: August 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with 40% travel to the field
- Maiduguri is a non-family posting. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.