Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: QC Data Officer; Project Manager
- Quality data is the core of the work done at 54gene. Currently, 54gene is collaborating with more than 10 health institutions in Nigeria, collecting research data across multiple different disease areas
- Ensuring the efficiency of the recruitment process, appropriateness of informed consent forms, quality of the phenotypic data being entered into our research portal and proper labeling of all collected samples is of utmost importance. In this regard, the service of a Research Site Quality Control (QC) Specialist is required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Become very familiar with the principles and processes guiding all aspects of the respective 54gene research study, including but not limited to: appropriately collecting informed consent, phenotypic data, and biospecimen, storing and packaging biospecimen/samples for delivery
- Ensure all aspects of participant recruitment (as stated above) is carried out according to 54gene’s established SOPs, guidelines and protocol
- Serve as final clearing house for all data collected at specific study sites
- Review data from ongoing studies daily and ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency in data collection, and proper labelling of data collection forms and samples
- Liaise with site PIs, Data Entry Officers (DEOs) and other site staff to address any process and data inconsistency concerns
- Track data upload rates against participant recruitments to ensure consistency
- Liaise with site investigators and other site staff to ensure samples prepared for shipment have the full complement of documentation needed for quality standards and biobanking.
Research Sites (Location):
- AEFUTHA, Ebonyi State
- FMC Owo, Ondo State
- FMC Yenagoa, Bayelsa State
- NAUTH, Anambra State
- UBTH, Edo State
- UPTH, Rivers State.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel or other statistical tools proficiently (sorting, filtering and creating charts and data de-duplication)
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to coordinate and manage tasks and processes with minimal supervision
- Strong sense of responsibility with keen attention to details
- Good communication skills.
Education & Certifications:
- Degree in any health / allied health programme (Nursing, Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Microbiology / Biochemistry, etc.)
- Field experience in health-related research – including data collection, data entry, data analysis.
- Authorization to work in the Nigeria
- Must live in one of the site locations listed below
- Valid international travel documentation
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.