Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Reports to: Director of Technical Programs
The Senior Program Officer Clinical will collaborate closely with the state TB program team and will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of all USAID TB-LON activities in the State. S/He is expected to lead the TB-LON state team and coordinate all partner activities within the state. S/he would perform the following:
- Support facility and community assessments for the strategic expansion of TB services.
- Support the State TB program and the sub-awardee to create awareness and demand for TB services.
- Lead and participate in capacity building activities for public and private (formal and informal) TB service providers.
- Support the State TB program to accelerate case finding initiatives, coordinate prompt enrolment, treatment initiation and monitoring of all diagnosed Drug Susceptible and Drug Resistant TB patients in the State.
- Organize & conduct regular health facility and community supervision for delivery of high-quality TB services to beneficiaries, as outlined in the National guidelines,
- Coordinate timely data collection, collation and reporting and support state TB program in routine data review, analysis, presentation and utilization.
- Support and facilitate Public Private Mix supervision and TB-HIV collaboration within the State.
- Regularly track the timely implementation of State work plan and budget.
- Periodically prepare reprogramming plans to ensure the alignment of new strategies to the project objectives.
- Deploy appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress in program implementation and utilization of resources and guide staff and Sub-awardees as appropriate.
- Assist the Project Headquarters in coordinating the project to meet Key Performance indicators (KPI) and for LON impact in line with defined strategies.
- Ensure the submission of quality project programmatic, Monitoring &Evaluation, financial and Procurement Supply Chain Management reports within the set timelines.
- Develop technical briefs, reports, presentations, and provide strategic information to IHVN management, the Ministry of Health, relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies, USAID and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure staff and sub-grantees comply with all institutional, administrative and operational policies, procedures and donor regulations as applicable.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned by the Director of Technical Programs and Chief of Party.
- M.B;B.S. or the relevant Medical degree.
- Master’s degree or its equivalent or higher degree in public health, health program planning and management, or other relevant field preferred.
- At least five years of professional experience in TB and other public health program implementation, developing and managing partnerships, including brokering public-private partnerships.
- Proven experience in leadership, capacity building, planning and management.
- Demonstrable experience in successful implementation of USAID or other donor-funded programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and/or sub-national government levels.
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in Lagos or other South West States.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Strong networking and representational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports.
- Competent in operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines with high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.