Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Senior Technical Advisor-Lab. Services will provide technical leadership and oversight of all aspects of the AHNi laboratory services in Nigeria.
- This includes infrastructure upgrading of mainly public sector laboratories in the program, supply chain management and all laboratory best practice aspects, capacity building of lab scientists at service and management level, laboratory maintenance, quality assurance and improvement, and an advisory role to the Government of Nigeria in the organization and system strengthening aspects of cost-efficient laboratory services with defined quality standards on tertiary, secondary and primary service level.
- Advise on new technology development and its application in the Nigerian context.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MD/PhD in laboratory services or similar degree with 7 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- Or MS/MA in laboratory services or similar degree with 9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Or BS/BA in laboratory services or similar degree with 11 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience
- At least 3 in establishing and managing laboratory services in developing countries including CD4, HIV viral load and HIV early infant diagnosis, TB culture and TB drug sensitivity testing.
- Certification of license to practice as medical laboratory scientist required
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their suitability statement (application) and CV as a single MS Word document to: AHNI-M&Ejobs@ahnigeria.org using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or Interview