Job Type: Team Lead
Location: Balanga LGA (Gombe)
Scope of Role
This is a partner staff role. The staff will be engaged and paid by SCI partners, and reports to the partner’s Project Team Lead Gombe State
Provide overall project management oversight and ensure community-level implementation of the work-plan activities of the partner organization including progress monitoring, support and
guidance to other staff members towards fostering strong relationships with women’s and girls’ rights organizations thereby improving the health outcomes of adolescent girls and boys in the
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of REACH work plan activities for partners and provide input into the development, on-going management and maintenance of work plan with regular
- support from the State Project Manager.
- With support from the Project team in the state, provide technical assistance to the CSO staff and community members and lead relevant capacity building for them to implement REACH PIP
- as detailed in the work plan and to ensure that agreed targets are met.
- Manage the preparation, coordination, and execution for special technical events, such as trainings and supportive supervision including outreach activities.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, debriefings and other technical meetings.
- Compile State CSO level reports on project results, case studies and lessons learned.
- Develop CSO level annual, quarterly and monthly work-plans as agreed with REACH project team
- Facilitate, draft, and participate in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of REACH technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports; strategic plans and
- work plans; and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and evaluation studies, trainings, and workshops as at when due.
- Document best practices and submit timely and analytical quarterly and annual activity report.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with the REACH State Team Manager. This synergy should include, regular consultation on matters such as but not limited to work-
- planning, review meetings and joint supportive supervision visits.
- Maintain good relationship with the LGA, SMOH and line Ministries working on the project
- Represent REACH project in LGA level meetings such as working groups, etc.
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by REACH Project Director including coordination of safe spaces activities.
Knowledge and Skills
- First Degree or equivalent work experience in the field of health, or development
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Candidates must have at least 5-7 years of progressive experience working in a similar position
- Experience working with an NGO a plus
- Interest in development issues and ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage various projects in a team setting, with limited supervision
- Fluency in English, spoken and written Hausa language is required.
- Experience working across multiple sub agreements and partners;
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic multi-disciplinary project.
- Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics.
Applicants should send their CVs and cover letter in one documents, addressing the position requirements with their locations to firstname.lastname@example.org and Copy Altine.email@example.com
All applicants must include the position title in the subject line
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
We are equal employment opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Estimated start date: As soon as possible
Location: Gombe state (Balanga LGA)
Donor: Save the Children International
NOTE: Applicants must be Residents of Gombe State ONLY
This is a Save the children International (SCI) Project funded by Canadian government through the Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Kishimi shelter and care foundation (KSCF). Titled: “Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make Informed choices for their health (REACH) in Balanga LGA, Gombe
State. Save the Children (SC) has been working in Nigeria since 2001, and is a strong, recognized and respected voice for children’s rights. Our programs currently support health and nutrition, education, child protection, food security, livelihoods and social protection in both development and humanitarian contexts. In Nigeria, the project aims to improve the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of adolescent girls and boys (aged 10-19) in hard to reach, rural communities in Gombe, Zamfara and Katsina states.
To achieve this aims, the project has 3 broad objectives.
(1) Improving access to high quality, gender- sensitive and adolescent- friendly SRH services for unmarried and married adolescent girls and boys;
(2) Increasing the decision-making of married and unmarried adolescent girls about their own SRHR; and
(3)Improving the integration of civil society contributions and evidence-based best practices in ASRHR policy design and implementation at local and state levels.