- Your main role will be to assist the Technical Accountant in the maintenance of accurate technical accounts, as per approved policies and procedures.
- Assist in processing all the business transactions from the underwriting department ensuring that the premium, commissions, acquisition costs and reinsurance premiums are captured accurately
- Ensure proper filing and safe custody of accounting documents
- Assist in reconciling reinsurance treaty returns with the accounting records before processing the payments
- Assist on reinsurers and brokers’ payments and ensuring proper allocation of payments
- Assist in allocating premium receipts
- Assist in analyzing premium receipts and in determining any available free cash for investment purposes
- Perform bank reconciliations for premium and any other technical accounts
- Assist in booking bad debts
- Assist in requesting third-party statements and performing third-party reconciliations when possible
- Handle cash (petty cash, per diems, cash withdrawals & remittances) and cash deposits
- Assist in managing travel expenses
- Attend to audit queries as and when required
- Perform basic book keeping functions as may be requested
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications & Attributes
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting or Finance
- Holds or working towards a Professional accounting qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIMA
- At least two (2) or three (3) years of relevant experience
- Experience in the insurance sector would be an added advantage
Skills and attributes:
- Basic knowledge of IFRS and accounting procedures
- Familiarity with accounting systems, preferably SAGE
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work cohesively to achieve results through teamwork
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting systems, Excel and the other standard office computer applications.
- Good written communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter, “Personal History Form” CV, plus details of their current remuneration package along with details of three referees to: email@example.com with “Job title” as subject of the email.
Click here to Download Personal History Form (Excel Format)
- ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview
- We reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.