Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Technical Officer – Database will be responsible for the day to day operations of data processing.
- S/he is responsible for the planning, maintenance and development of AHNI databases.
The database approach incorporates the following principles:
- Data remains consistent across the database;
- Data is clearly defined;
- Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs;
- There is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency). The application design includes web, desktop and mobile GIS applications.
- Other responsibilities include the design and creation of special products, including maps, digital data, reports and statistics.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 5 — 7 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Geographic Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 3 — 5 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Strong background in geospatial and heath information systems (GIS) and/or database management is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.