Req ID: 200000P8
Location: Port Harcourt- Rivers
Job Type: Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type: Exempt – Experienced
- Supervises employees who install, service, and repair equipment and machinery.
- Supervises Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; coordinates and schedules Technician work schedules; communicates repair plans to Technicians aligned with customer quotes; monitors Technician productivity and repair quality.
- Provides coaching and feedback to individual Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; provides performance reviews and opportunities for professional growth.
- Provides first level of support to Service Technicians requiring assistance; escalates technical support needs for resolution when needed.
- Manages service logistics including use of materials, equipment, and employees ensuring safety, quality, and efficient operations
- Develop and/or reviews quotes for accuracy prior to communication to customers; provides updates on repair status and any plan or schedule changes.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Monitors the status of open repairs with technicians; addresses issues that impact completion of the repair plan in the time quoted to customers.
- Monitors goals and targets for the branch; measures, reviews, and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Resolves customer concerns related to Cummins or distributor warranties; develops strong relationships with key customers through frequent and professional communication.
- Diagnostics Application – Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking.
- Warranty Process – Analyzes customer issues to verify root cause of failure and associated progressive damage using Cummins published service information; interprets the warranty administration manual to determine eligibility for coverage and claim requirements; identifies items associated with repair that can be covered and communicates to stakeholders; files a claim in the appropriate system using proper documentation and requirements to receive accurate settlement.
- Technical Escalation – Obtains product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
- Service Documentation – Creates and verifies customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done.
- Electronic Service Tool Development – Explains scope of all primary electronic troubleshooting tools to understand which tools are applicable; identifies clear and robust design requirements by following the required process to ensure design meets or exceeds requirements; develops and executes test plans to validate the service tool.
- Ensures accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages conflict – Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Directs work – Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Financial acumen – Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- Technical trade school degree or equivalent education, or equivalent experience required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
- Ability to apply diagnostic expertise to resolve complex Marine service diagnostic, Repair and Overhual problems and provides diagnostic direction for projects, team, or program-related decisions
- Troubleshoots complex diagnostic problems and recommends appropriate actions.
- Degree in Engineering
- Above 5 years cognate experience