Locations: Accra – Ghana, Cairo – Egypt, Kampala, – Uganda, Kigali – Rwanda, Lagos – Nigeria, Nairobi – Kenya
Where You’ll Work
- Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software engineers.
- Based in NYC, SF, Kigali, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Accra and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
- The Technical Support team is looking for full-time team members who will work as part of our global support team and support our customers around the world.
Here are a few more specifics of what you would be doing on the job:
- When service users have questions, they contact Support and we help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. Technical support handles a wide variety of inquiries including questions about Git workflows, API’s, and our desktop applications. Support also works closely with the engineering team to track down bugs and improve our documentation.
- The most important characteristic of our support team is that we love helping developers. We are a place for people to work better, together. Our job is to help. Support treats users the way we’d want someone to treat our friends.
- Our support teammates have excellent writing chops: stellar grammar, charming written personality, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
What do I need to be successful?
- Experience using GitHub
- Exposure to programming with a language like Ruby
- Basic experience using Git
- Understanding of how websites and web applications work
- Stellar English and grammar skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution.
- A strong sense of empathy – you are attuned to hear the question behind a question.
- Customer service experience
- A unique writing style and voice.
- Could effortlessly explain how Git works to a non-developer
- Have remote customer service experience
- Familiarity with Docker
- Understanding of CI / CD pipelines
- Experience troubleshooting using stack traces and log files
- Experience working from the command line
- Familiar with basic network concepts and tools.
What You’ll Get*
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better .